cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Mine was bought from the Samsung experience store aka Cpw and is the xeu csc

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

What I don't understand is the BTU Firmware contains the CSC OXA. This is a Multi-CSC that contains the following CSC's:

BTU. CPW. DBT. ITV. KOR. NEE. XEF. XEO. XEU.

So for you @BandOfBrothers I would've thought by now you would've received the OTA udpate. I appreciate Samsung haven't pushed it out yet but why not, surely if the firmware is availble the OTA should be too 😕

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra.

BandOfBrothers

From the other threads I read elsewhere it's the Btu csc which is samsung sim free. 

Mine is a sim free version supplied by cpw 

Current Phone  >

Well this is confusing, I bought mine from CPW and it had a BTU CSC originally.

jonspittle
12: Established
12: Established
@Stevie1 man you made my morning, sharing an article from the daily express lol! Keep it up 👍😂

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
Mine had the BTU csc when I got my phone from CPW as but when I got an update from 6.0 to 6.1 this changed for some reason don't know why but I have downloaded the new BTU update from SamMobile and I am going to try and flash it today after making some back up files I will let you no if it works

:robotmad:

My CSC only changed when I flashed the Nougat Beta in November, I didn't realise at first, it was only when I was on Beta 5 and some people who were registered on the Beta started receiving the official update I reliased.

After flashing back to BTU MM firmware with BTU CSC the Nougat OTA came straight through on my device, my CSC is OXA now, but as stated before it's a multi CSC which inclused BTU therefore WiFi calling works etc.

BandOfBrothers

I'm not wanting to take the risk and trip Knox by flashing the phone. 

Current Phone  >

I can assure you that flashing the Official Firmware will not trip Knox, Knox only trips when you attempt to install/flash a custom Recovery/Firmware/Rom; however I can understand that you'd prefer not to that is understandable :Smiling:

63johnw

Hi, can anyone explain mine ? Been googling but struggling to find the answer for my region. This is a work phone, Galaxy S7 Baseband G930FXXU1BPK6.

G930F phone model

XXU CSC code?