Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 not receiving texts since updating to Android 7.0

mharte1988
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Morning,

Since updating to Android 7.0 in the last 2 weeks I'm not receiving texts intermittently. I'm receiving some texts up to 24 hours later than they were sent to me. I think I've managed to isolate it to anything I'm receiving from O2 network phones as I'm receiving immediate texts from other Vodafone numbers. Is it coincidental that it's occurred off the back of the update? Any other suggestions what could be causing this?

1 REPLY 1

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @mharte1988, there are a few troubleshooting steps available to help resolve this issue.

Firstly, please wipe your cache to remove any corruption that may be in the system. To refresh your cache, please complete the following steps:

• Turn off the device.
  • Once the phone has been switched off, press and hold the volume, home and power buttons at the same time.
  • When the Samsung logo appears, release the power button.
  • When the Android logo appears, release the two remaining buttons. This will load the Recovery menu.
  • From the menu, select the 'Wipe the cache partition' option (using the volume buttons to scroll down and the power button to confirm).
  • When the cache has been deleted, select the 'Reboot system' option that will appear. To select this option, press the power button.

If you're continuing to experience issues after clearing the cache, please uninstall any apps that you may not be using, as some can affect the phone's system which would cause the delay in messages.

Should you still experience the delay after these steps, you can complete a factory reset - however this will remove your data, so please ensure you make a note of any saved passwords and back up your data as stated in the steps provided here.

Please keep us updated with how you get on after completing these steps.