Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sd card

mancman
4: Newbie

Screenshot_2017-05-07-14-48-39.png

I've got this notification the sd card has been in the phone for ages tap it and nothing happens I don't have a laptop is there anyway I can get right with my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Sometimes ejecting the Sd card and re inserting can help / clear issues. 

Have you tried this ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I tried that I've not tried it in another device yet I'vejust found an old galaxy phone I'm charging up at the moment and I'll try it in that any advice if it don't work in that

I have tried it in the old phone and it's still not being recognised any idea as to how I fix it without a laptop

redpages

Sounds like the SD card is broken if you can't get it to work in either phone. If you've not got a laptop you could always visit a Vodafone store and ask them to test it in one of their computers.

Failing that it might be worth wiping down the connectors on the card with a cloth (for example, if they've gathered dust). 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

hrym

I agree.  A Vodafone store may be able to access the card and recover the contents - they still have the Red Box system that can access a lot of devices.  Also don't forget Carphone Warehouse's Geek Squad - they may be able to help, too.   A lot will depend on what's happened, so it's probably best to remove the card to stop any possible damage getting worse.   The fact that the old phone doesn't recognise it tends to suggest it's not a phone problem, though it could also be that the card has a format the older device doesn't support, so it's not conclusive.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

could of been encrypted to use on a specific device I'm sure once it has been encrypted it can only be used on the device that encrypted it

hrym

I'm revisiting this because almost exactly the same thing has happened to me.   An old-ish card that was transferred to a new phone and had quite heavy subsequent use suddenly failed.   The first indication was that the camera app said the card was full and offered to switch to internal storage.   This seemed odd as there should have been plenty of space.   Two file managers and the system menu denied all existence of a card, so we had to assume total death.  All pictures were sync'd to Dropbox, so nothing was lost.

As I was on holiday, the quick solution was to buy a new card (amazing offer in Tesco) and hope.   It went in.   It was recognised.  Phew!

Back home, I put the card into my PC.   Nothing, not even a "format not recognised" message, which rather suggests that the card firmware had failed.   Anyway, the lesson is this: BACK IT UP!  And, possibly, renew your card every few years. :smileywink: