Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Secure folder

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Sorry

one more issue is secure folder.

Now I know some people have had problems with this, battery drain was one I think but there is also people saying it's ok 

My problem is I can't find it unless I go to Samsung apps and search for it and it says UPDATE now that maybe why I don't see it any were on my phone even a phone search can't find it unless I turn data on and then it will send me to galaxy apps

What i am trying to find out does any body use it and have any problems or have they been solved (If any I have not had chance to use it)and also if I do update will that be me stuck with it if there is problems with it.

My posts look like i am always moaning but I seem to be the only having all these issues I understand there is the odd glitch but since my phone failed to install the downloaded nougat update and my phone had to go for repair all these issues make one big one

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SKYMAN513

I looked into it and actually downloaded it. 

Yes I've also seen it can be a battery drain and some have said it's kept the phone awake. 

More recently some some have decided to stop using it as a log in is required and Samsung have said it can't be used to store certain material which casts doubt if samsung actually have some form of access to it. 

Personally I don't keep anything on my phone that warrants all this so I uninstalled it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers

Hi @SKYMAN513

I looked into it and actually downloaded it. 

Yes I've also seen it can be a battery drain and some have said it's kept the phone awake. 

More recently some some have decided to stop using it as a log in is required and Samsung have said it can't be used to store certain material which casts doubt if samsung actually have some form of access to it. 

Personally I don't keep anything on my phone that warrants all this so I uninstalled it. 

Current Phone  >

Very interesting that.

I thought there was something strange with things that are all ready installed on your device,

but you still have to agree  most of the time to pages of small print were in my opinion is put in a way were you give in and accept or try and read through it and end up more  confused than when you  started

Not all of them I must admit but there are dodgy ones.

I already had doubts about it  so i am following your advice and maybe try it further down the line I've got this far without it 

I'm struggling with the password situation 

But it's gone to far when I've got a head full of them.

I'll be asking my self for one soon 🤕

I am not sure wether your aware of it, and can not do any thing about it, or it might not show up on whatever your using to access the forum,

so please don't be insulted by what im gonna say because I know you know your stuff 

But a lot of your posts are doubling up.

I had it for a while and as far as I know it's stopped on my end 

BandOfBrothers

Hey @SKYMAN513

I'm not seeing any duplicate posts :Smiling:

In regards to the Folder I just didn't have a valid reason to use it even though it has Knox involvement. That and the T&C's of it and the connection to possible negative impact on the phones resources. 

I briefly contemplated downloading it onto my Samsung Galaxy s8.  :Winking_smiley:

Current Phone  >

Stevie1
14: Advanced member

Hi BandOfBrothers & Skyman513,

If you have downloaded sercure folder from Samsung galaxy apps it should be in your app draw. Basically there is no difference between sercure folder and my Knox and you can store any type of information you want in them l use sercure folder to keep info in it from work via Dropbox. All you need to do is add the things you want to use in either my Knox or sercure folder via the app it self from the menu along the top of the app. I have both my Knox and sercure fold installed on my s7 edge and never noticed any battery drain and as far as I am aware Samsung do not have any access to either of these apps so all your personal information is safe.

And if you set them up to use your finger print scanner no one else can access your information.

:robotmad:

SKYMAN513

That is another one of my little problems secure folder is no were on my phone and if I do a search with data off nothing 

But if I do it with a web search it takes me to the Samsung apps store and says update not install.

So i am confused as it normally only says update when it's already on your device 

And because I've read a lot of people have had problems with it because of all the other little issues I have I don't want to make it worse.

But the stuff I'm learning on here (and I'm not blowing smoke up any ones ahem)has been a great deal of help for me and a steep learning curve

So thanks for all the help and advice and saved journeys to my local store which is a 14 mile bike ride there and back

Stevie1

Hi Skyman513,

Sercure folder is like any other app and needs to be updated every so often it will redirect you to the Samsung app store to enable you to do this just tap the update button that's all there is to it.

SKYMAN513

Sorry Stevie1 but when you say knox is that another name for Samsung pass (brain fart) 

Or some ting separate the only time I see knox is in device maintenance were you have the couple of options to down load or basically I'm lost here🤔😞😤

Stevie1

Hi Skyman513,

No there 2 different things, basically Samsung pass is were your Samsung account is you will also find things like your phone warranty and some other things. My Knox is a pre installed app from Samsung you can use my Knox to sercure any personal information you wanted to you can put your photos, music, anything​ else you want. As for sercure folder the only way to get this is via the galaxy app store and you must download and install it from there. But if you already have my Knox you don't really need both on your phone as there basically the same.

Hope this helps