Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Security patch update

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi

Was the info about monthly security updates or security policy being updated monthly a true statement or just incorrect info.?

My security patch is1 Feb and that came with nougat.

My device is s7 edge on contact.

And is there a difference between security patch and security policy

Or are they the same? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@SKYMAN513

I've read elsewhere that Samsung release around 4 updates a year. Again this is an unofficial source. 

As your using a Samsung phone with Vodafone firmware on your reliant on them signing off these updates to authorise Samsung then to push it out. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SKYMAN513 Is there a particular thread or website that you're referring to? 

SKYMAN513

Thanks for reply 

I definitely read on this forum but didn't say so because I think the user who said is a frequent user and as it was a while ago and the nature of his posts I'm petty sure they wouldn't of stated it as fact

Probably another forum but as I'm typing I now remember them saying if it was true.it would be Google releasing monthly updates and Samsung are a bit behind.

But my main question was about my device and security 

Thanks 

Note

I have read a lot of posts since I read that one so trying to remember 100% is impossible.and searching for it is difficult because it could of been mentioned in passing and not headlined security updates policy or similar

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SKYMAN513 If the information you've seen has mentioned the updates will be released from someone other than ourselves, we'd be unable to comment. 

SKYMAN513

I understand thanks any way 

BandOfBrothers

@SKYMAN513

I've read elsewhere that Samsung release around 4 updates a year. Again this is an unofficial source. 

As your using a Samsung phone with Vodafone firmware on your reliant on them signing off these updates to authorise Samsung then to push it out. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes thanks must of been rumour.

It was definitely mentioned.

But they said it would be Google releasing the monthly updates.

Its ok though 

Just wanted to be sure it was only yesterday when I received what looked like an official text message saying I was due £543 tax rebate 

But as I know know my tax status I knew straight away it was a blagg.

And that was what set me off.

.it was the first one  message I have had though. Thanks again