Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Prime 7

widgetwilk39
10: Established
10: Established

Proud ower of this smart 7 phone, but am being told that wifi connection in my area is bad, can get connected anywhere else, so am at a loss whether to just accept it at home or do you think a booster at £69 would solve the problem, it is a lot of money just to try it, have ask for one and the phone operator did try  but no luck,

Would appreciate your advice.

16 REPLIES 16

Thanks you are so helpful,

so on my pull down grey page the wifi triangle is white and under it says Plusnet, now if I go out and want to use 'there' WiFi what do I do??

63johnw
17: Community Champion
You will need to go into settings, WiFi then there should be an option to scan. This sometimes happens automatically and a notification will pop up telling you WiFi is available.

Once the scan is complete choose the one to connect too, if in a pub or wherever they should be able to tell you which is theirs and provide any password that will be required. It's then just a matter of connecting to the correct one and inputting the password.

Thanks again, am now getting some answers I can understand, am off out now but will try and 'play' with my phone later,

again thanks.

63johnw
Your welcome 😀

BandOfBrothers

Enjoy your phone and do please come back if you require any further help. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

If you don't want to keep fiddling with the settings, just make sure the wifi symbol is at the top of the screen when you use apps or the internet.  If G,E, H, H+ or 4G appear beside the signal strength graph, you're on mobile data.  When you're on wifi, the wifi symbol replaces that.

63johnw
That's true @hrym but the OP doesn't want to use mobile data, so has to fiddle with the settings otherwise once they leave the house mobile data will kick in.