Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 - Lost contacts after hard reset

Barnesy01
3: Seeker

Hi, I think I already know the answer to this but does anyone know if you can get your contacts back after a hard reset on a Smart Ultra 6? If so, would you be so kind as to talk me through it please? Many thanks for your help

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. Have you linked your Google account back on to your phone, you may have backed them up there.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

As mentioned I also use Gmail and back mine up to my particular icloud which is the Samsung version. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thanks for replying.  Unfortunately, I didn't.  It was a juvenile schoolboy type error! I am now though.  

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Every days a school day for us all. 

I learnt the hard way when I lost all my information. :Sad_face:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

It's also worth exporting your contacts as well and storing them on a pc and/or another cloud service.   Go into the Contacts app menu and look for the export option.  The result should be  vCard file that can be imported into any service, should you need to.  Your contacts are precious and you can never have too many backups. :smileywink:

Barnesy01
Thank you for the advice, I've learned a valuable lesson and will make sure they are backed up now. Feel a bit stupid really.