Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 Query

jjaggii
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi 

In section 5.6 of the user manual for the SU6 it tells you how to record calls. You tap the menu (3 vertical dots) during a call and select record call. On my phone this menu is not available. Is there a way to enable the menu? I'm on Lollipop 5.1.1.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

This can be affected by privacy stipulations and the various rules on recording a call. 

If it's not turned on or available then I'm not confident Vodafone could alter that setting. It's the manufacturer that releases the firmware and Vodafone test it to ensure nothing clashes. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nabs

Interesting question @jjaggii

I assume when Vodafone have developed the UK version of the firmware for the Smart Ultra 6 they have removed this feature. 

Whilst the actual recording of calls is legal there is a whole pile of regulation around the useage of the recorded calls and my guess would be that Vodafone don't wish to put themselves in any position where a feature of their phone could be used for illegal activities which may fall back on them. From that point of view simply removing the feature is the safest option.

If you are happy with the legalities and still wish to record a call you will likely need a 3rd party application. Hit Google with "android record phone call" and look for the howtogeek article, it's got a fairly in depth guide on how to do it.