Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 issues with Hotspot after update to Marshmallow

Tin_Tin73
2: Seeker
Hi,

I updated from Lollipop to Marshmallow last week, however I now have an issue with the mobile Hotspot. It disconnects for no reason after a few minutes or if the Screensaver turns on. I've wiped the cache but problem still occurs.

No issues with Lollipop.

Any ideas??

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Tin_Tin73

After any major software update, it is recommended to do a factory reset.  This clears any remaining bugs from the previous software.

Make sure you backed up before doing the reset.

You will probably find this solves your hotspot issue after and you will only need to set up the hotspot by following the link below.

Set up your phone as a personal hotspot

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

Can you try your Sim Card in another phone as a process of elimination to rule out the phone that may be at fault.

Customer Services could check your account settings. 

A last resort could be to back up and Factory Reset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Tin_Tin73

After any major software update, it is recommended to do a factory reset.  This clears any remaining bugs from the previous software.

Make sure you backed up before doing the reset.

You will probably find this solves your hotspot issue after and you will only need to set up the hotspot by following the link below.

Set up your phone as a personal hotspot

Tin_Tin73
Thanks... Factory Reset has sorted the problem and all my data and Apps restored automatically!!

I did a factory reset and my problem persists!

#help

I have a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. I use the wifi hotspot function on it frequently.

Recently I received a push notification asking me to upgrade to Android Marshmallow. I did this. Now when I use the Wifi Hotspot function, the laptop can connect to the internet through it times out after around 10 minutes. I work remotely and it is extremely frustrating!

I have fully restored the handset but the issue persists. Any suggestions how to resolve would be hugely appreciated as it is driving my insane!

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ollypirozek

Unfortunately as it's a software issue, we're limited as to what we can advise that'll resolve it as we can't put any fixes in place ourselves.

As a factory reset hasn't resolved the issue, it's likely that Android will put a fix for the bug in place for the next software update. 

Got the same problem here; hotspot disconnect after 15m......

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marquitos - Please try a software reset, ensuring everything is backed up first.

Once you’ve done this, you’ll need to reset the Hotspot up.

I'm sorry we’re unable to comment on possible firmware issues.