Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 6 turning off ramdomly

Clownboy
1: Seeker

Hi all, think my battery might be a goner, but thought I'd check here 1st anyway.

My SU6 turns itself off randomly and decides that it's out of charge when I turn it back on, I'll charge it to 100% and then will have no idea how long it will last.

I've tried factory reset, no help.

Is my phone for the scrapheap or is there a miracle cure?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi sorry to hear about your phone but you haven't lost your sense of humour.

Are you still in the warranty window as I'm pretty sure all phones supplied by Vodafone have 2 year window for warranty repairs if it is a problem with the device 

And as it's not accidental 

Hi, thanks for replying.

It;'s out of warranty unfortunately.

I'll just get a new phone.

Thanks for your help

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Clownboy

Sometimes if a battery is glitching then calibrating it by letting a phones battery % drop to around 15% then charge to 100% can help. 

Even if your phone is out of Manufacturing Warranty Vodafone can still send it off to have a diagnostic run on it, and they would advise on any issues and repair costs. 

Another option would be to employ a repair shop to replace the battery and see if that resolves this if it's a shot battery. 

Ultimately it's down to the actual cost of repair / battery replacement to the cost of the phone to see if it's warranted or indeed purchase a new phone and perhaps sell your current phone to one of the various online 'post it to them' options. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.