Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart Ultra 7 Data issues

bikky73
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I recently bought a Smart Ultra 7, and from the setup I've had data issues.  Purchased it from Vodafone directly, and it was unlocked.  I'm using a Talk mobile sim (using vodafone network).

I've had to manually setup my APN, and great it works.  Then I go to work/home where my phone connects to the wireless.  Then when I leave I get no data.  Full signal for SMS/Voice, but the exclamation and no data.  I then goto my list of APN's select a vodafone standard, then select my talkmobile APN and data comes back. 

I'm unable to delete the two default vodafone APN's for "Contract WAP" and "PAYG WAP"

Any ideas?  This is just another issue in my long line of complaints for Vodafone devices.

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @bikky73

You are going to need to contact talkmobile for the correct settings. Although they use the Vodafone network, the APN settings are not the same.

Thanks AnnS,

Can I re-direct you to my original post though, where I commented

I've set the APN manually, and data works... however when I join then leave wireless I need to change to the vodafone standard APN, then back to talk mobile to get my data to work again.

IE, I've set the Talk mobile APN, and selected it.... but the after being on wireless it's not re-connecting to ISP data.