Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart prime 7 Software Update not working

Agneis
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Smart Prime 7 tells me there is a software update available.  Tells me it has downloaded it and I select 'Install', then nothing happens.  It goes back to the About Phone screen.  I go back to Software updates.  Tells me there is an update available.  Rinse repeat.  ANyone got any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, I have the solution – at least it worked in my case. I simply had to eject my SD card (Settings > Storage & USB > SD card > Eject) without removing it physically. Then I installed the update without any problems. After updating, the SD card was automatically recognized in system, without any data loss.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Agneis Please restart the phone as this should help the phone to action any changes, such as a software update.

If you're still experiencing issues after completing this, please let us know the current software that your phone is using.

I've tried that, Natasha, and it doesn't work.  The phone just jumps back a menu level, and does nothing.  

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Agneis – After restarting, are you still getting the message that there’s an available update?

Let us know your current software version and we’ll check this further.

Any progress on this? I've got the same problem: after downloading the update I click "Installation", then I see "Preparing to reboot before installation" info and then nothing happens... No reboot, no installation. Manual reboot doesn't help, I keep receiving notifications about available update but I can't install it.

Here's my software info:

• Android version: 6.0.1
  • Android security patch level: 1 May 2016
  • Baseband version: .JO.1.1.c1-00028-8909_GEN_PACK-1
  • Kernel version: 3.10.49
  • Build number: VDF-VFD600B01-DE_MR01b

hrym
17: Community Champion

With the update downloaded, how much space is left on the device?   It's possible that there isn't sufficient for the temporary files that the process will generate and that it's terminating so that it doesn't fall over and corrupt the phone.

After downloading the update I have 1.55 GB available space (of total 3.99 GB user ROM). Update package size is 71.04 MB, so I think the problem is elsewhere.

hrym

That ought to be OK - I've done full platform upgrades with less, but you could try removing as much as you can (delete content that you can replace, uninstall apps that aren't accumulating data you don't want to lose) and give it another go.

Interestingly, my wife's Sony XA had an update recently.   It ran apparently successfully, but still reports being on Android 6.0, so it almost looks as though nothing has happened.  (Checking for updates says nothing available, so it's not quite the same as your issue).

I managed to get 1.86 GB free space but still can't get the update to install...

Sorry for  the delay - family problems!  Yes, I get a message that there is an update available, so I select the option to download it.  The phone claims that it has done so (though it doesn't seem to save it anywhere), and when I tell it to install the update, it says that it is preparing to reboot.  And it doesn't.  I have plenty of free space on the phone.  I've tried backing up and resetting the phone.  No success.  

My software info:

• Android version: 6.0.1
  • Android security patch level: 1 May 2016
  • Baseband version: .JO.1.1.c1-00028-8909_GEN_PACK-1
  • Kernel version: 3.10.49
  • Build number: VDF-VFD600B01-DE_MR01b