Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Smart ultra six

Diron
4: Newbie
Hi,my smart ultra six speaker has stopped working.any idea how much a new speaker would be
5 REPLIES 5

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

When did you purchase the phone ? It may still be under warranty and an in warranty repair would be free. You can arrange a repair by dropping the phone off in store and they will send it off for you. If the phone is out of warranty the repair centre will confirm any costs before they proceed with the repair.

PWIAC

Diron
Thanks I am in france at the moment,will check warranty when I get back home.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Diron

A long shot but try a soft reboot by turning it off and on and check the speaker ports for dust / lint. 

Check that no case is interfering.

Possibly try a Factory reset after creating a back up. Obviously this wouldn't help if this does turn out to be hardware related but it's worth a shot IMO. 

Take Time / Date stamped pictures of the device to show the condition you sent it back in and one of it turned on if you can and perform a back up to preserve your data as they'll most probably flash the firmware. Ask the store employee to note its condition on their system. 

From Vodafone "Also make sure when sending your device for repair that you keep hold of your SIM. You also shouldn't send your memory cards, battery and/or back cover (if they're removable) - if these are included with your phone when it goes for repair we can't guarantee their return."

Link > How-do-I-return-a-faulty-phone-tablet-or-accessory.

Just to add that the manufacturing warranty wouldn't cover any issues resulting from an accidental drop / water damage. 

Home Insurance and some bank accounts provide cover too. Excess fees and T&C's would need to be checked. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p

@Diron wrote:
Thanks I am in france at the moment,will check warranty when I get back home.

It's not great when a phone plays up whilst you're away. Hopefully you'll get it sorted out when you get back. Have a great holiday.

PWIAC

Diron
Just realized its a mic as well as speaker problem, so I think its back to the Vodafone shop when I get back