Solution

Software Updates

bolo
12: Established

Wife got a notification apparently from Vodafone stating:

Software Updates

New software update available 

The message has a green upwards facing arrow alongside. 

As neither of us has ever had a similar notification from Vodafone before, we are wondering if the message is genuine? Any ideas?

23 REPLIES 23

bolo
Just an update : )
Got the same notification on my phone today and just went ahead with it without backing up. All OK. When I told my wife, she did likewise and all is OK with her phone too. Thanks to all who chipped in.

bolo
Thanks for the info. Tried to access the desktop site but can't because I don't have java script apparently.

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I wasn't quite clear whether you'd managed to get access to a PC or whether you were still on your handheld devices.

If you want to back up contacts, there should be a Manage Contacts option on the menu of the app itself.   The exact layout/route will depend on the device, but what you're loking for is the Export option, which will produce a vCard file.   If you have a SD card, save it to this, but you can also transfer it to other devices (emailing it to yourself is the easiest way) and upload it to a cloud service.  I use one other than Google just in case I lose access there.  Do this periodically as a belt & braces option - you can never have too many backups :smileywink:

bolo

Do I click on one of these Ann?