Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Some text messages are not received

mrthinuk
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I upgraded to an S6 a couple of months back and all is well except I dont receive some text messages. I receive the majority but there are 3 people that I know of who when sending texts not all of them come through.

Ive been on the live chat around 6 times now and I genuinly feel that nobody is taking me seriously, each time they tell me to disconnect from the network and reconnect. The last time I spoke them they said that they would transfer the issue to vodafone UK - 2 days later I had an email that said "there are no network issues in your area"

The 3 numbers that I know of who have issues sending to me (there may be more) all have different handsets and are on different networks

Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @mrthinuk

If this is not a network issue, its more than like a phone or SIM fault.  To eliminate a phone fault, if possible, try the SIM in an alternative phone.

If receiving texts is an issue in every location, it might be something simple which a replacement SIM card from a store will solve.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @mrthinuk

It maybe worth checking that the numbers haven't been accidentally added to any text blocking facilities in the phones settings. And ask the other parties to check their phone too. 

Tip -> Also if anyone has moved from an iPhone recently sometimes they sometimes need to de register from iMessage for text messages to start working again properly. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @

Its definitley not a blocked thing, a colleague in work with me is one of the people I'm having trouble with. He could send me 5 messages today for example and I'd get 2 of them. tomorrow he could send me 5 messages and I'd get 4 of them, the day after he could send me 5 and I'd get 1 of them.

Theres no consistency with it

BandOfBrothers

Hello @mrthinuk

Thank you for checking.   :Smiling:

As mentioned a sim swap could help but it seems weird as you say that there's no consistency.

Are you able to try another phone with your sim in it. 

I assume the iPhone / iMessage scenario does not apply ?

Sometimes texts can be delayed in connection to signal strength and network congestion. Turning the phone off and on can help. 

A person can check their masts status via inputting their postcode into the Vodafone Network Checker. 

Please bear in mind the checker gives an indication only of signal. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

As a matter of interest, what network/s are these people on?  There was a thread recently (sorry, can't find it now) that discussed this and it rather seemed that there was an issue with the DNS equivalent of the SMS system that affected some inter-network traffic.

I know that one of them is on Virgin while another is on EE, not sure of the third but I think they are on EE also.

All could text me fine before I upgraded my phone.

Hello @mrthinuk

This sounds very odd, perhaps a SIM problem. Please call our technical team on 191 from your Vodafone mobile and our team will fully investigate. 

Louise

hrym

It's worth trying a new SIM, but I also have a feeling that EE were one of the networks affected by the lookup issue.

Thanks all.

I rang 191, and again got nowhere, got the usual "well we can see theres nothing wrong from here"

I went into the Neath Vodafone shop and spoke to Nicola, who was excellent and sorted me out with a new SIM. So far I havent missed a text from those who were having trouble sending to me so hopefully thats all it was.