Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony E1

j60dnl
1: Seeker

Hi there,

We recently started an additional contract for a simple phone for the delivery driver to use, the boss opted for the Sony E1.

It has been nothing but bother, crashing, failing to receive or make calls etc.

I called the helpline, a nice man talked me through factory resetting.

I did this and still, the phone is freezing, very very buggy and crashes every time we make calls.

Where would we stand with getting this sorted, I have little confidence in this Sony E1 - is there a possibility of changing mid-contract to a simpler phone?

Many thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If a factory reset hasn't solved the problem, I fear that this is going to have to go for repair.   I assume the phone isn't massively loaded with apps or content?  This sort of thing can be caused by a lack of resources - the device doesn't have enough memory to do all the things that are being asked for it.  If it is, reset it again and run it vanilla - nothing added  - for a bit.  If it's OK, consider giving it an sd card to play with.  Basic devices are very limited on memory and some expansion can make all the difference, but it shouldn't be necessary if it's already running more or less bare.

If it does have to go for repair, I'd consider going direct to Sony.   Vodafone will do a basic test and a reset and, if that's OK and it works, will assume it's fixed.   Sony have more experience of their own devices and should know what else to look for.