cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Xperia Miro - deleted my contacts?!

jenniferjane
2: Seeker

My phone completely ran out of battery last night, so I recharged it as normal, turned it on this morning and ALL of my contacts have been deleted - not only that but it wont let me re-save them from my message inbox which is something I could do before.  Anybody know what I can do to get them back? Or at least be able to resave them!?

11 REPLIES 11

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jenniferjane,

Thanks for your post :Smiling:

It’s very strange that your phone would do this. Had you made any changes beforehand or installed any updates etc?

When you set up your Sony Xperia Miro you will have set up a Gmail account. This has the option for ‘auto backup’ and this will back up your phone whenever you make any changes.

Providing this option is enabled, your contacts will be saved and you can check this by logging into your Gmail account at a PC and selecting ‘contacts’.

If you’ve not backed up your phone then the only other way to get your contacts back would be manually by looking through your bills or text messages etc.

Thanks

Jenny 

Hi Jenny, I have just had a similar experience. I have my first smartphone and I'm so lost to be honest. Last night I turned off my phone only to wake up this morning with all my contacts deleted. The phone log was empty but the text messages were all there except with numbers unattached to names. I experimented with editing one message and adding the contact, so her name appears in the text message, but when I try and send another message to her, the contact list says it has no contacts :Sad_face: Last night the only thing I can remember doing differently/for the first time is using Chrome, but I didn't upload anything or do anything odd (as far as I know.... ) I tried to do what you suggested, to get contacts via gmail on my mac. I tried logging into my gmail account as I got one when I bought the phone, but my yahoo account seems to be the primary email attached to google and I can't figure out how to get into the gmail one. Although not sure it will help anyway - I don't think I synched it or did anything to make a back up happen. Any help/advice would be appreciated! Kelly

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

Sorry to hear this! It's interesting that you mention Chrome being used. Did it ask you to enter any email address details when you launched the browser or did you close off any messages that came up on screen? 

When you access Gmail here you'll see a page that will tell you what account you're currently logged into (in your case Yahoo) and which one you'd like to switch to (in your case Google). If you're struggling to sign in, try clearing your history and remembered passwords from your internet browser (this can normally be done in settings depending on which browser you're using).

Let me know if that lets you log back in and if you can see get prompted to sync your contact details again! :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

Hi Kelly,

I have the same problem as yours. Today i woke up and called up some friends. Then I used Spotify . Later I wanted to make a call but the contacts are gone. Since its a new phone I just had three contacts saved so I just tried to add them manually. But then everytime I try to add. It says Contact saved. But when I open my contacts, it says NO contacts.

Strange . I tried like a zillion times with same result. Please help me !

I'm still having the same trouble - but have just ordered a new sim card and hope that will sort it out. Can you save the numbers to your phone rather than the sim for now? That has been my solution so far. No one at Vodafone seems to know why this keeps happening :Sad_face:

Thankyou for your quick reply Kelly. But I cannot save the number in Phone or SIM. I just cannot. 
Goodluck to you (and me :Winking_smiley: ).I hope changing the SIM would solve the problem. I will update you if i find any kind of solution. 

OK - well, good luck!!

HI kelly, well it might sound strange but today I went to service center and all they did was reset the factory setting of the mobile. Now the problem is gone. I can add to my contacts. But before resetting, you might want to save your data into somewhere safe. :Smiling:

millielinda

hi my sony miro deleted my contacts and i tried everything to get them back but nothing it wont let me do them manually either . i even reset to factory settings and it still wont show my contacts