Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Xperia Z3 Plus won't turn on / "sudden death"

iamthewalrus
1: Seeker

May have been asked before but a quick search brought nothing. I have had my Xperia Z3+ since last year & have experienced the "sudden death" issue before - phone just closes down, even with high charge & unable to switch back on.

i previously was able to restart the phone using the power/volume key approach but it hasn't worked this time.

have tried the yellow reset button near the SIM & many other reset options found on the web but nothing works.

the phone appears to charge when plugged in but cannot be found when plugged into a PC. It appears to switch on but the screen remains blank.

any ideas? Am I likely to get a replacement/fix from Vodafone?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

If a hard reset will not remedy this then I'd suggest speaking with Sony Xperia uk support. Link > Sony Xperia Uk Support

Hard Reset options.

The phone has a 24 month warranty. 

Alternatively approach a vodafone Highstreet store if Vodafone supplied the phone and they'd send it off. The manufacturing warranty wouldn't cover issues from a drop or water damage. 

Any possible fix woukd typically include a firmware update which would clear it of your information. 

Take Time / Date stamped pictures of the device to show the condition you sent it back in and one of it turned on if you can.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @iamthewalrus

Sudden death is a known issue.  The Motherboard has failed.

The best thing is to take the phone into a Sony Service Centre where they will change the Motherboard.

If the phone is still within the warranty period, you will be able to get a free repair.