Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sony Z5 / Samsung S7

Jesstuck19
2: Seeker
Hi...
I really hate the red LED light that blinks when the battery goes below 14%. I just purchased the z5 but considering swapping it for the s7 providing you can turn off the low battery led blinking light like i could on the s5. Does anyone know if you can turn it off? If so I will ring up and swap.
Thanks
Jess
6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. Can't answer your question but as a point of interest it's not a good idea to let your battery get that low regularly.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Jesstuck19

Sounds like apps exist to do that. 

One write up is > 

https://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/04/01/how-to-turn-off-the-galaxy-s7-notification-led-light/

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

drey_p
16: Advanced member

@Jesstuck19 wrote:
I just purchased the z5 but considering swapping it for the s7 providing you can turn off the low battery led blinking light like i could on the s5. Does anyone know if you can turn it off? 

Hi there

I have just checked my S7 Edge and you can indeed turn off the notification light but I am not sure if it will still flash when the battery is low.  Do bear in mind that if you do turn of the notification LED, you won't get a flashing light when you have other events like text messages, missed calls etc.

@I would agree with @63johnw though - it isn't a good idea to run your battery that low.  You should be charging it when it is above 20%, ideally higher. I hope you're not doing it regularly as it can do long term damage to the battery.  I think the best solution is to perhaps change the way that you charge the phone instead of looking to disable a very important warning light. 

PWIAC

Jesstuck19
I've just got the phone and even with charging when its above 20 its quickly falling below. I am highly sensitive to flashing lights so with the s5 i could turn off low battery light and still have other notifications for texts ect (they aren't an issue as I can turn them off - if I don't have access to a charger and the phone is flashing due to low battery I struggle to even look at my phone)

drey_p

@Jesstuck19 wrote:
I've just got the phone and even with charging when its above 20 its quickly falling below. 

Then you need to look at what apps you have open that could be chewing through your battery.  Also, how you are using the phone - things like music streaming and videos use a lot of battery. You should be getting at least a days usage out of your handset.

PWIAC

hrym

A few random thoughts:

1. Is the low battery warning % configurable?

2. Is there an option to go into power-saving mode automatically when the charge is low?   A lot of devices will do that.  Would that suppress the light?

3. If you're getting that low during the day and you can't cut your usage, consider a portable battery pack.

Allowing the battery to get very low is inadvisable and will shorten its life.   Allowing it to go completely flat can result in the phone becoming unusable.   You do need to find a way round this, and not one that's the equivalent of turning off an annoying fire alarm!