Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sound alive problem on brand new s7 edge

kiemurr
4: Newbie
Hi guys, I just got my brand new S7 edge on contract yesterday and done a firmware update within the first hour of opening the box. The app was working but since doing the update sound alive is giving me the unable to open error. I know this has been an ongoing problem but was wondering does anyone know of any fix?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm not familiar with this phone or the app in question, but issues can sometimes be fixed by clearing an app's cache and data and also force-stopping it.   Have you tried that?

It might also be worth asking Samsung if they have a fix.   Their support is generally pretty good.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

hrym

I'm not familiar with this phone or the app in question, but issues can sometimes be fixed by clearing an app's cache and data and also force-stopping it.   Have you tried that?

It might also be worth asking Samsung if they have a fix.   Their support is generally pretty good.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I use the Samsung Galaxy s7 edge but not that features. 

Sometimes apps need to catch up and with some you can contact the developer to feedback bugs. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kiemurr
I've cleared the system cache and it's still the same. It's part of Samsung music player and also in sounds and vibrations in the system settings. There's a hearing test that personalises to your own hearing needs and vastly improves the over all sound quality. I haven't tried a factory reset yet so I might give it a go later and see if there's some kind of conflict going on though I don't know if that will make any difference as I'm still on MM 6.0.1

kiemurr
The sound without this function with headphones isn't anywhere as good as my last phone samsung S5.

kiemurr
There's no way to clear the data or force stop it as it's the Samsung music app

kiemurr
Just found how to force stop it and all sorted. Different settings lay out on the s7. Thanks guys appreciate it!!

hrym

I don't know whether it's still the case, but Samsung devices often used to need a factory reset after some updates.   It's a bit of a pain as you have to set the phone up again, but worth considering if you have other issues.  Remember to back up your content first!

BandOfBrothers

Hi @hrym

When I update my s7 edge if my phone is glitching etc then first I'd clear the system caches which does not wipe user data. 

After that if necessary then a factory reset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Back in the day, it used to be standard procedure, @BandOfBrothers, but I haven't seen it mentioned so much lately.   I've done two platform updates on an HTC phone without needing a reset.  Have Samsung cracked it now (I haven't used one of their devices since my S2 and Tab 2)?

FWIW, I've never cleared the system cache, just app ones, either individually or in bulk.