Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sound alive problem on brand new s7 edge

kiemurr
4: Newbie
Hi guys, I just got my brand new S7 edge on contract yesterday and done a firmware update within the first hour of opening the box. The app was working but since doing the update sound alive is giving me the unable to open error. I know this has been an ongoing problem but was wondering does anyone know of any fix?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

I'm not familiar with this phone or the app in question, but issues can sometimes be fixed by clearing an app's cache and data and also force-stopping it.   Have you tried that?

It might also be worth asking Samsung if they have a fix.   Their support is generally pretty good.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers

I've had a few updates on my s7 edge without having to reset or clear anything. 

That said in my case....

My s7 edge is sim free so my updates come from samsung. 

No network intervention or any changes by them. 

I tend to download main apps that I use all the time which seem to always be updated. 

I'll let you know how I get on with updating from Marshmallow to Nougat;)

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kiemurr
4: Newbie
A little update on sound alive guys. It only worked again for 10 mins or so after force stopping. I done a factory reset and it's sorted properly now. I guess it was the update, the update was 300 or so my. Looks like the old fashioned way still seems to do the trick :Smiling:
Thanks again though.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kiemurr Thank you for letting us know how you resolved your issue :Smiling:

Mv2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have an unlocked phone and Samsung say the updates will be from Vodafone. My last security update is November so I don't know who is updating

BandOfBrothers

@Mv2 wrote:
I have an unlocked phone and Samsung say the updates will be from Vodafone. My last security update is November so I don't know who is updating

If you have purchased the phone unlocked from Samsung or Carphone Warehouse then it'll be pushed to you from samsung. 

If vodafone originally supplied the phone and you've since had it unlocked to work on all Networks then Vodafone will sign off the Nougat Update and push it out. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.