Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Spotify on s7 edge

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi 

Something that's been going on a while and I have tried everything I can find within reason and no threat to device.

But Spotify keeps taking itself offline at first I thought I could of caught it with my hand whilst using the pull down menu on my s7 edge but I've noticed when it happens it also turns on Wi-Fi 

I have Spotify, my Vodafone, and 2 guitar tuners that's all that is installed and there permissions are pretty basic 

Apart from the my Vodafone app which recently updated with wanting even more permissions

So I turned off change system settings to make sure it wasn't the my VODA app and it's still doing it and sometimes I'm not even aware 

I only noticed if I have to go into settings to turn on via cellular and notice my offline days are back to 29 

I never get past 4 days without it having turned itself on 

Now the only concern I have here is being offline and cellular data if you keep an eye on both you can make sure you don't end up eating data 

I know I can set a limit in the data settings to cut off at a certain amount but it only takes one slip and you could end up in data bill hell 

And it's strange it's the only app I've ever come across that has no setting to turn off change system settings 

4 REPLIES 4

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SKYMAN513 - If Spotify is going offline, this won’t use your mobile data. Offline mode will only play songs/albums that you’ve saved to your phone. :Smiling:

Does Spotify change to offline mode when you’re connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi? Or does this happen on both?

Also, have you noticed any patterns such as this happening after you’ve done something else?

SKYMAN513

Thanks for reply 

I only use mobile data on everything apart from the couple times I have had access to secure Wi-Fi 

The issue is the other way around Spotify keeps turning itself from offline to online and when that happens sometimes Wi-Fi has been switched on and this is not just started happening, 

I have just been making sure constantly for a few weeks  that it's not on, even going in the app and turning it offline and then since monitoring it.

It never seems to go under 25 days before you need to go online, 

And I was making sure it wasn't me miss pressing, of which I was sure I had not as I moved it from the pull down on to the second page 

But from doing that I noticed that the nearby light and performance mode on the second page if  scrolled across, for about 2 seconds would be half lit and I managed to get a screen shot of it 

And in last week YouTube has been pausing and then me having to close the app and start again but from that I noticed I wasn't seeing any ads.

So from all that I'm not sure what's going on 

I would love to send my phone off 

But for reasons I have stated previously 

I'm reluctant to send my device off again.

I have tried clearing the cache 

I will have to find a way of securing my data as I have a bit of an idea about backing up 

But once I have the data in one more secure place I will try a factory reset and then if that doesn't work I will have to send it to you so you can see exactly what's going on

Rather than me keep posting 

My device is s7 edge

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @SKYMAN513!

That does sound like a strange one. 

Have you spoken with Spotify to see if they're aware of any issues?

You could also pop into one of our stores where an adviser can take a closer look at your phone to gain some more understanding. I know you're hesitant to send your phone away for a repair - don't worry, our guys in store will be able to look at the phone and help in any way they can without organising this :smileyhappy:

If not, let us know if there are any changes after you've completed the data transfer and factory reset.

SKYMAN513

I've tried contacting Spotify once it took 3 weeks to get a response and 2 weeks to reply to each email 

But you can not speak to any one on the phone and in the end it was just a total waste of time 

Ok I'll let you know 

Thanks