Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Stubborn Phishing Email

bolo
12: Established

Hi guys, I hope that I'm raising this thread in the right place. A few days ago, I got an email asking me to update the details on my HSBC bank account. I don't have an HSBC bank account. After reporting it to HSBC, I tried to transfer it to Junk but it came right back into my inbox as a new unread email. I tried to trash it with the same result. Now after unsuccessfully trying many, many, times to get rid of the thing, I thought that someone here might be able to offer a solution. Any offers?

15 REPLIES 15

bolo

The offending phishing email:

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Who's the email provider?  Assuming you aren't getting multiple copies (which is unlikely), it sounds like an issue at that level.  Do they have a web interface and can you delete it from there?   I use Gmail, which normally picks those up as spam, and use the web or the app to can them for ever (it doesn't even send spam to the bin).  I'm constantly havign non-existent accounts compromised :smileywink:.

bolo

My email is Outlook but am not sure what a web interphase is. Will google it now.

bolo

@hrym wrote:

Who's the email provider?  ....... I use Outlook

Do they have a web interface and can you delete it from there? .............Where would I find the web interphase?

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Just to add to thread I got one saying I had cancelled my account and I don't even bank with hsbc so I didn't follow it up cos it is obviously a blagg with me having no account and never have in my life.

I'm sure  I posted a thread on here 

It was approx 4 weeks ago 

I'm going to try and restore my messages or look on my data computer cos I know I took a screen shot just in case when I find it I'll post it for any else who comes across this thread

bolo

Hi and thanks for your input. Just thought I'd mention that I did post a screenshot of the message as an attachment in an earlier reply.

SKYMAN513

Hi buddy I've just found mine I could not find your did it look like this 

I'll post it below

bolo

Not at all like yours. Mine was quite a professional phishing  job! 

SKYMAN513

@bolo wrote:

Not at all like yours. Mine was quite a professional phishing  job! 

Yes there was a little more effort put into yours that's the first time I've seen one 

Knowing that yours is fraudulent.

thanks for posting it cos thanks to you I'm stopping my bank from sending me emails

I was trying to find the shot of who  sent mine but it will  take some digging and haven't got the patience at minute 

Thanks for your post though 

Ya learn something new every day 

In my case every 15 minutes😎