Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

System cache clear,anti malware

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

I know it is recommended to restart your phone the normal way maybe once a fortnight (the normal way)

But either way way

what do they do

Because I have noticed device maintenance looks like it removes residual files and also the system security scan which I was using every day just sort of flew up to 100 and said ok so I decided to leave it a good coupl of days and it still did a full plan in about a second and that's with power saving on. 

So this didn't give me much confidence. But there is the option to get extra security for free and it looks good .

But then people always say if it looks to good to be true then it probably is but I would like to try (Hi don't mean knox for the safe work place I mean the both malware one.

Has any one installed this or any info on it because surely device maintenance can not scan my phone I a second when power saving is on limiting power use to 70 % I maybe wrong but still would like to try that anti malware 

Or am I wrong of which I have no problem with I'm just curious they must have it there for a reason surely I want to try it but am worried its a blag

The one with anti malware

And not the knox separate work space it's in device maintenance and press battery at bottom left  and says powered by intel.is it just another ram killer or can it protect my phone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SKYMAN513

Using Security suites on a phone is very much a personal decision. 

I cannot tell you how you should proceed however this is my own personal opinion. 

After extensively looking into security suites and using them such as AVG as one example I have found some of them to be resource hogs and battery drains. On balance they do give peace of mind.  :Winking_smiley:

Also on my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge I have refrained from activating the inbuilt device security for the same reasons above. 

I've been using Android , iPhone, Symbian and windows phones for many many years without incident.

Just to reiterate this is my personal opinion and is in no way is meant to suggest you or others reading my reply agree with it or follow what I do. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi @SKYMAN513

Using Security suites on a phone is very much a personal decision. 

I cannot tell you how you should proceed however this is my own personal opinion. 

After extensively looking into security suites and using them such as AVG as one example I have found some of them to be resource hogs and battery drains. On balance they do give peace of mind.  :Winking_smiley:

Also on my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge I have refrained from activating the inbuilt device security for the same reasons above. 

I've been using Android , iPhone, Symbian and windows phones for many many years without incident.

Just to reiterate this is my personal opinion and is in no way is meant to suggest you or others reading my reply agree with it or follow what I do. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I totally understand BANDOFBROTHERS 

That's your personal choice.and we are all individually responsible for our own actions 

When you mentioned to refrained from activating the inbuilt  device security could you mention which one  of the inbuilt ones you have personally avoided 

Curiosity has got me wandering cos your device is unbranded, is it different from my branded phone 

Also in still puzzled how device maintenance can scan my device in a second or just under for malware threats.and say my device is fine when a few days ago it wasn't but it still said it was.!

Does it actually work ?(device maintenance)

I do find it useful but i am also worried is it possible to use it to much 

Because when you do use it most of the time it will say the usual no unauthorised threats and cleared 120 mb but I thought constant wiping of data is not good the part that keeps the memory.

I understand these are not major issues.but they concern me cos of all the problems I've had (the store was no help and my nearest Samsung store is about 80 miles away and I would have to go on train

But I am trying to learn as much as possible and without kissing @#£€

This as been the best place on the web were I have got the best honest and friendly advice especially from you guys who know your stuff

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

SORRY I got the answer once I read your message properly instead of rushing through it 

Apologies