Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Taking Photos

DaveTee
1: Seeker

Doodled with the Camera Settings on my new VFD 600 recently and have obviously un-checked something as when I touch the screen anywhere now it sounds like it's taken a photo but the image isn't in either Gallery or Photos. When I press the camera icon in the white circle under "Auto" it makes the same noise, the save/delete bar appears and it saves the image into both Gallery and Photos.

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

It's possible that touching the screen is just setting the focus and exposure - did it ever also take the picture?   If it did, look in the settings for an option to take the photo by touching anywhere.

If you draw a complete blank, you could go into the main Settings menu and then Apps and look for Camera (if there are separate All and Downloaded tabs, look under All).   Open the app there and select Clear Data.   That should set it back to the default.

Yes it actually took photos by touching any area of the screen. There isn't a "Clear Data" option when opening the App through the main Settings but I've tried the "Reset defaults" option in Settings via the Camera App shortcut on the Desktop and that didn't solve it. I can still take (very good) photos but it's just annoying that I can't get the original function back. I've only had it since Tuesday afternoon so perhaps a grovelling visit to the local Vodafone shop might work ? 

hrym

I think what you want is the "point and shoot" option listed on page 79 of the full manual.   It only works for the front camera, though, as far as I can see.

If you need further help, as this is a Vodafone device, a shop would be a very good place to start.  I don't think you'd even need to grovel :smileywink:.

You've sussed it my friend. Actually it makes sense when you think about it as it makes taking Selfies that much easier. Thanks for saving me a trip to Vodafone.