Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Text failing

Tatexx1
1: Seeker

HI, I have a big value bundle of £10 with unlimited texts,500 mega bites of data and 200 minutes... however when I try and send a text it keeps failing and won't let me text anyone at all and I have good signal?I need help please...

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Are the texts long or are you adding emoticons which could be changing the normal text to a mms text which are not part of your texting allowance and cost extra and some accounts need to be provisioned for mms. 

If not then have you recently ported your number to Vodafone?

If not then as a process of elimination to rule out the phone or sim card that maybe at issue can you try your sim in an alternative phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi 

If you still have the problem you can phone 191 or live chat and they can send you a text so your device is configured for there network 

Also have a look at your settings inside the app some times there are  quite a options and one in the wrong place by accident can cause issues 

Or if nearby pop into your local store and I'm pretty sure one of them will nail the issue you have 

Good luck

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

@Tatexx1 wrote:

HI, I have a big value bundle of £10 with unlimited texts,500 mega bites of data and 200 minutes... however when I try and send a text it keeps failing and won't let me text anyone at all and I have good signal?I need help please...

Hi 

If you still have the problem you can phone 191 or live chat and they can send you a text so your device is configured for there network 

Also have a look at your settings inside the app some times there are  quite a options and one in the wrong place by accident can cause issues 

Or if nearby pop into your local store and I'm pretty sure one of them will nail the issue you have 

Good luck

AnnS

Hi @Tatexx1

The first thing to check will be the text messaging centre number from your messaging settings.  The can be done by messaging > settings > text messages and scrolling down to service centre number.  The number entered should be +447785016005.  There is further information for you below.

I can't send and receive text messages

If there are still issues work you way through the pro forma on the link below.

Network Issues

However, if your SIM is getting quite old, a replacement SIM from a Vodafone Store may solve the problem, the store would also be able to check your phone.