Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to send/receive pictures or access data services

WendyM
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

For some time now I have been unable to send or receive picture messages using my Galaxy S2. Also, I have now noticed that I cannot use any data services when away from my Wi-Fi connection. I used to be able to use these services fine, but this is frustrating me now as I feel as I am not getting value for money from my contract. My husband is also on Vodafone and doesn't have any problems.

Thanks,

Wendy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I'm gonna ask a really silly question here - you do have mobile data switched on?  If so, it could be that there is some issue at network level that is preventing MMS being sent from your handset.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

I have a Samsung Galaxy Y and have never been able to send or receive picture messages. I can attach pictures and send them via my email but this should not be the only way I can do this. Where will I find out if my mobile data is switched on?

63johnw
17: Community Champion

If you can access internet on your phone not using wifi then your data is on.

Can you do this ?

Its more likely that mms are switched off on your account.

Customer service should be able to help with this but there have been many stories where it has been hard to get it properly activated.

Someone from the eforum may be able to help but it can take 24 hours for them to get back to you.

if you can send pictures via email why not just keep doing that ? mms will cost for each picture.

Whatsapp or viber allows the sending of pictures over wifi/3G for free (apart from the data use)

63johnw

to check data settings it should be in settings, connections, more networksmobile netwrks then ensure mobile data ticked.

Is mobile the same as having 'packet data' on or do I need 'roaming data' on? It's ok to send some people pictures via email but some people do not have access to email so still need to be able to send and receive via MMS. Relatives often try to send me pictures but it always says 'Downloading' but never does.

How do I contact customer services to check that MMS is allowed on my phone?

63johnw

Yes packet data is the same. Roaing only needs to be on when you are abroad.

Call 191 from your handset and ask them.

If they say yes and it still doesnt work, come back on here and ask the eforum team for help.

Thanks. Customer services have checked that I am able to send/receive MMS. They took me through the settings and set up a new APN. I can now send pictures and hopefully will be able to receive them too.

63johnw
Thats great.