Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to update firmware contact Samsung Service Centre

CarlyKin1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Had a nightmare - upgraded to S6 Edge - first one I received kept getting security notice "Unauthorised actions have been detected restart your device to..."  On top of this notification of software update - tried and tried and tried to get it to install but it kept stopping at 24% - returned to factory settings, emptied cache partitions etc etc.  Spoke to Samsung who basicallly said because of the constant security notice I must have a faulty device.  Therefore arranged a return and got another one today.  Thankfully no security notice received but still cannot install the software!  It gets to 26% now and then states "Unable to update firmware contact Samsung Service Centre".  My question therefore is have I had the most bad luck ever by having two faulty devices or have other people experienced this issue with the software and can it be resolved or is it the case I have to keep trying until it does go through?  I have tried doing it OTA and through Smart Switch.  I dont want to go through all the palava of moving everything across from my old phone if I do indeed have a second faulty device!  TIA

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Does it say what the update is ?

Ive recently updated my unbranded Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and it was the October Security patch. 

Do you have a Samsung Service Location near you ? 

Link > Samsung Service Centre

My latest one is

IMG_0827.PNG

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It said G925FXXU4DPJGI / G925FVG4DPJGI / G925FXXU4DPIT.  In About Device it said I had security update from September 2016.  Unfortunately no re Service Centre - nearest one over an hour away :Sad_face:

BandOfBrothers

It may show different if your using a branded phone. 

Are you using wifi ?

Current Phone  >

Yes using WiFi as SimSwap not gone through yet so cannot use mobile networks.  I am trying again on Smart Switch and am at 60% download so far but am not feeling confident it will work!  

BandOfBrothers

I update via the software section in my phones settings. 

Fingers crossed. 

Current Phone  >

Tried that first.  Will call Samsung tomorrow if still get nowhere!  Thank you for your replies.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome. :Smiling:

Best of luck. 

Current Phone  >

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @CarlyKin1, were the team at Samsung able to resolve this for you? If not, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.