Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unbelievably poor customer service

Marky1536
2: Seeker

The upper speaker grill on my platinum 7 is coming off on one side.. Looks to me that the glue holding it down has has failed maybe due to the hot weather. The phone is in a case there is no damage other than normal wear and tear like minor scratches which you really have to look hard to find. Called customer service and they advised it had 2 year warranty and it would be sent off for repair and I will be given a loan phone  and the shop will back up my phone for me. 

On arrival at the store the staff member had a look agreed she had not seen this before but said the repair centre will definitely treat this as accidental damage and will be chargeable. Does she have a crystal ball. The speaker grills are flush with the phone and she agreed it would be difficult to actually peel it off. But she insisted they will treat it as customer damage. She called the repair centre and they without even seeing it advised must be accidental damage and he said how can the customer prove otherwise. Flabbergasted seems that the repair centre decide before they have even looked at the phone what the cause is. The phone has a 2 year warranty. Do vodafone ever repair under warranty?. I will be calling the repair centre myself and also customer service today. One other thing the shop assistants in the shop did there very best to put me off using a courtesy phone. And didn't exactly look interested at all. Updates to follow 

3 REPLIES 3

Marky1536

I have a platinum 7 this week the top speaker grill came off on one side. Failed glue maybe due to hot weather. Quick call to customer service. She advised take to a shop. They will  check it out and send it off for repair under warranty and give me a loan phone. They will also back up my old phone. 

On arriving at the shop  the girl who ordered seemed very uninterested had a glance and said the repair centre will say accidental damage and will be chargeable. Obviously I challenged her. Even though she agreed there was no damage and it would be very difficult indeed to prise the grill off she insisted they would chargefor repair. I had her call the service centre and without seeing it the said must be customer damage. Let him prove otherwise. They must have a crystal ball. 

This is shocking.i cannot imagine how you would be able even peel the grill off as they lay flush. Also as far as the loan phone. They did there very best to putting me off having a loan phone. As I am going on holiday I will use one of my old phones but will be calling customer service and the repair centre to voice my concerns 

Accidentally sent 2 messages guys

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Marky1536 - We can send your phone away to the repair centre and see what they advise once they’ve checked the phone over.

If you’d like us to do this, please see our repair process.

I hope you have a lovely holiday! :smileyhappy: