Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Update about a security patch update for s7 edge may

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi 

I've just read on GSM ARENA that Samsung have started to roll out a security update in a software update in Europe (not sure if we will be include with state of things at minute or next in lin 😉)      

also with with general bug fixes file size

626 mb 

Although i am so im not sure how accurate that site is.but I have heard it mentioned a few times.

It does tie in with what 

BANDOFBROTHERS was saying, 

About quarterley updates.

Although he did say if I recall 

That you can  never be 100% sure as they don't release info about updates.

Note 

I came across this  whilst searching for security about  the security for s7 edge so I'm not sure if true that includes other devices.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stevie1
14: Advanced member

Hi Skyman513,

There is a security update rolling out at the moment l had one last week it was 1st April 2017 update not sure when the May security update will be pushed out a good place to look is sammobile there normally good in releasing information about updates.

:robotmad:

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @SKYMAN513

It could well be.   :Smiling:

These Tech sites seem to have unknown sources sometimes with insider knowledge. How accurate that information is I can't say. 

I recently asked Samsung directly about updates and was advised just to keep checking the update section in my phones settings.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

credit were it's due I've read a lot of your posts answers and links.

You do hit the nail on the head more often than not.

I'm finding these devices and android software like a rabbit hole there is always something new to learn,

Ever evolving improvements in technology.

Fascinating watching things develop.

Stevie1

Hi Skyman513,

There is a security update rolling out at the moment l had one last week it was 1st April 2017 update not sure when the May security update will be pushed out a good place to look is sammobile there normally good in releasing information about updates.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Just when I think I'm getting my head around all this.and then it's back to the drawing board.

I'm still on 1st Feb that came in March with the nougat update.

From what I have read the next security update is being released as you said.

But I think it's coming in a software update rather than a stand alone security update.

But you can never be 100% as the info seems to come from inside sources or from when people start getting it and posting it on sites.

I think 🤕

mine is showing 1 feb too?  what happened to more regular updates?

Stevie1

Hi 1BadRobot,

Both Android and Samsung say there committed to releasing monthly security updates but I find this hard to believe as like yourself and many others are still on fed 1 update and that was included in the android 7.0 update which everyone received since then I have had one further security update 1 April I received that direct from Samsung but then I have a unbranded/simfree S7 Edge so I seem to get my updates a bit quicker in saying that it's now June so my last update is still 2 months out of date

My S7 Edge has just started downloading a 355.84MB update.

Lets see if wifi calling will work after it........

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Finally have wi-fi calling after the latest update :smileyvery-happy:

Stevie1

Good things come to them hwo wait hope it works for you