Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Voda Tab Speed 6 not connecting to 4G

Sammyboy4242
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Tab Speed 6,brand new which my wife didn't want. I went to the local Vodafone store this morning and got a PAYG sim and put a £10 1Gb 90 day data pack on it. However it seems to refuse to pick a 4g signal up! Gets HSDPA fine but despite being in a 4g area it won't pick it up. Tried restarting the tablet but still no joy. 

Reading other threads could be a faulty sim but is that likely as it's a new sim - or will it need 24 hours or so to fully register to receive 4g?

3 REPLIES 3

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If it's working, it's working.  Assuming this is a 4G enabled device, it certainly sounds like a SIM issue.  If you have a Vodafone SIM in another device (that you know gets 4G), you could put that in and see what happens.   If it works, it's the SIM.   If not, it's the device.  If it's the SIM, go back to the shop and ask them to try another one.

I was finding the Tab Speed 6 rather frustrating and laggy to use so got myself a secondhand iPad Mini 2 from my local CeX. Put my sim in - still stuck on 3G. Went into my local Vodafone shop and asked them and apparently 4G hadn't been activated on my account! They activated that and... still no 4G. They gave me the customer services number just in case this happened so I gave them a ring. They tried a couple of things which I think included removing then re-adding 4G to my account and then a few minute later I finally get a 4G signal! Looks like it was an account issue that took a bit of sorting.

Cheers for the reply @hrym - all sorted now! :Smiling:

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @Sammyboy4242 - I'm happy to see that you're now able to get 4G :smileyhappy:

If there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.