Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Platinum 7 Battery Drain after recent update

ljwarren
4: Newbie

received a software update a couple of weeks ago (6.0.1-160FCN1) and since then the battery drains very quickly and when the phone is on standby overnight it now drains around 30% when it used to be around 5%.  Nothing new has been installed, is this a known problem or how can i find out whats draining the battery overnight..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, did you carry out a factory reset after the update? sometimes this is needed to get rid of any remnants of the old firmware that can sometimes cause this type of issue.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

63johnw

Hi, did you carry out a factory reset after the update? sometimes this is needed to get rid of any remnants of the old firmware that can sometimes cause this type of issue.

No i havent, whats the best way to backup all the information i.e. sms messages

Thanks

63johnw

If you have Gmail set up and synching then your contacts, emails etc will be backed up there. You can back photos up to Google photos/drive. You will need a third party app (such as SMS backup) for text messages.

Done, many thanks, lets see how the battery fairs.

63johnw

Fingers crossed 

63johnw, many thanks this seems to have done the trick and battery only lost a few % overnight       

63johnw

Glad it seems to have helped.

Hi, 

I've had the same problem after the same software update (6.0.1-170FCN1)- done what you suggested and performed a factory reset and now the battery life is back to normal, but it must of also unintalled the update as it's now asking to install again - do you think I will have the same battery problems again in a install the update?

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

A Factory Reset only takes the phone back to the last firmware update completed. 

It does not remove any firmware or roll it back to the update beforehand. 

Its possible the firmware update originally glitched in some way hence it suggesting a new one or possibly if you try updating it'll just say your on the most up to date one already. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.