Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Protect app high data usage.

JAD55
1: Seeker

I've just discovered that this app has used 671Mb from my 1Gb data limit on or around 15th June 2017. How is it that some firmware has reduced my monthly data allowance by over 66.6%? Is there a way of limiting or replacing this app with something reasonable? I would prefer to allow a security app to be able to update on an automatic basis but will need to restrict Protect to Wifi only after this experience.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Vodafone Protect was discontinued on 31/3/17 as per https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Vodafone-apps/Vodafone-Protect/38948962/What-s-Vodafone-Protect.htm

Not sure if this maybe causing any issues. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

What device do you use.Does your device have it's own data monitor as I have a 7 edge and under connections  you can make your device turn off data at a pre set interval or warn you I'm constantly changing mine in 250 mb increments that way if something starts using to much data at least the most it will use will be the 250 mb threshold I've set but you can set it to suit your own requirements 

For me it's excellent for peace of mind browsing and you don't even have to set it to cut  you off straight away you could set the cut off at 300 mb and a warning at 250 mb as an example that way you won't be half way through down loading an app for it to just cut your data off 

And it is accurate and always ties in with the Vodafone tally on my device 

hrym

You could try force-stopping the app, then clearing the cache and data.  If that doesn't sort it, is there a Disable option as well?