Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Repairs

secretcyrille
4: Newbie

I have a HTC One M9, and the phone will not reboot. I have tried all the suggestions on the net, but to no avail. The phone is still under warranty until August so I took it into my local Vodafone shop to be sent out for repair. I received a call from the repair centre stating that because of a crack on my camera lens, the warranty is null and void, even though the camera takes perfect pictures, was done a year ago, and has no relevance to the reboot issue. I was then told that it would cost me £204 for a full repair, regardless of what they did, big or small. I found this insulting, as the phone isn't even worth that on the second market! I suppose this is another corporate business screwing over the little man by using any small print caveat they can. 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @secretcyrille

Because of the damage to the phone they will report this back as a possible issue from a drop etc, which isn't covered under the manufacturing warranty.

They will be hesitant to open up the phone because the crack might grow or the glass shatter. 

I'm assuming a Repair Centre could also think that other issues with the phone could have resulted due to the impact that caused the camera lens to crack. 

I fully understand your unhappy with this so if this was my situation and I didn't want to pay the fee being asked by the Repair Centre I would ask for the phone to be returned unrepaired. 

Then approach the manufacturer to see if they could assist.

Now with manufacturing warranty it is the seller of the phone that implements this i.e Vodafone if they supplied it.

But HTC may still want to help by providing further diagnostic suggestions or look at the phone but be aware they may still levy a charge because of the damage. 

Other possible options would be Home Insurance or some Bank Accounts provide mobile phone cover as a perk of the Account. T&C and Excess fee's would need to be checked. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.