Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart First 6 - Show Message notification on lock screen

JB213
2: Seeker

I've just bought my dad a Vodafone Smart first 6 phone. he's getting increasingly deaf so I got this to allow us to talk via text too. I've set it all up and gone through all the menus but can't get a new message alert to show on the lock screen. I've just been on a live chat with a Vodafone person (which sadly was a bit pointless) and still can't seem to rectify it. Can anyone help?! here's what I've tried so far:

1) notification settings within message app - only allows me to change ring tone or mute period

2) Settings - status bar notifications. Only shows Discover, My Web and Smart Tips apps to change. messages aren't there to edit

3) Lock screen - have tried it with and without a lock screen. Still no alert

There is a notification icon in the top bar and a sound but dad won't be able to hear it and so unless he constantly checks the top bar he won't know there's been a message. Is there a way a message notification can 'appear' on a locked/unlocked but dark screen? or am i going mad. Thanks!!

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @JB213

This is the user manual for the phone. 

User Manual.

If there is nothing helpful in this then my suggestion would be to visit your most local Vodafone Store where the reps I'm sure will be willing to help and guide you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw
Hi. Not all devices allow this.

I have had this on various phones before and ended up downloading an app from the Play Store.

One that works really well (sure there are others) is called NoLed. Have a look at that. It puts an envelope on the hone screen when a message is received.

JB213
Brilliant! Many thanks, just what I needed. Have been able to set up screen alerts for him that take him directly to the message. Much appreciated

63johnw
Your welcome. 😀

sallyjustice
4: Newbie

user manual is out of date and many icons are not available any more.and sugegstions to do certan things do not work. Is an update due soon?

63johnw
Hi. That's something that Vodafone never comment on, it's just a matter of checking your phone for updates and keeping an eye on here for people saying there is one.