Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Prime 7 update to Android 7 Nougat

iantresman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

When do we find out if and when the Vodafone Smart Prime 7 will be upgraded to Android 7 Nougat?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Its a case of keep checking your software update serrings in the phone. 

Vodafone won't comment on firmware releases. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Firmware/m-p/2421980#M4420

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So even though they may have already decided not to provide an update, they're not going to tell their customers.

Astonishing attitude.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

The link explains why they won't comment on firmware releases but I do agree it would be nice to know asap if the release will be sent to the model of phone. Unfortunately even if a phones specs can handle a particular firmware it's not always guaranteed to be sent out for it. 

Current Phone  >

The link provided explains why they can't commit to a release date, which I am not asking for, or expecting them to do. I do expect them to be able to say:

1. No, we have no plans to upgrade the firmware
  2. We are still investigating whether to upgrade
  3. Yes we plan to upgrade, subject to testing, but reserve the right to change our minds.

BandOfBrothers

That's correct to which I did intimate I agree with you about knowing if a particular firmware will be released to a certain model of phone. :Winking_smiley:

You could certainly enquire with the team here or Customer service if they are aware. When the Nougat starts to hit that is. 

Vodafone have a blog too which you could keep looking at. 

Sometimes different non Vodafone blogs also advise and guide on firmware and what it needs in the ways of specs to work on. 

Current Phone  >

Nabs

@iantresman@BandOfBrothers

Unfortunately no matter how hard we campaign Vodafone have never shown any signs of being more open with firmware information. Any requests are directed toward the firmware statement @BandOfBrothers has already linked to.

For what it's worth I 100% agree with you both Vodafone should be more upfront about firmware and their intentions to release or not. This has been my opinion for years, it was in fact the reason I joined this forum!