Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 850MHz GSM radio

JeromeL
3: Seeker

I am trying to turn on the 850 MHz GSM frequency radio on the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. Need to get the code to enter Service Mode please. Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JeromeL

Unfortunately we don't have this information. As previous advised, contact the manufacturer, they'll be able to help you get this.

View solution in original position

17 REPLIES 17

hrym
17: Community Champion

As Vodafone don't use 850mhz, I'm surprised the phone has the facility, though it's possible if it's a badged device that's sold in other territories, I suppose.

If the information is available, the Tech Team here may be able to smoke it out for you, so hang on for them to pick up your post.

Alternatively, if you know the underlying model, the manufacturer might be anle to help, though they may also have a "don't talk to users" agreement with Vodafone.

JeromeL
Thanks hrym.

The model is Vodafone 995NT3.

Tech team, help!

Regards, J.

JeromeL
The same phone is marketed in the US as ZTE T22

Hope this helps.
J

JeromeL
My bad. It is actually a ZTE Blade S6 in the US.

hrym

Two things:

1. Is the US version exactly the same?   The radio may be different to accomodate different frequencies.

2. Have you asked ZTE about unlock codes (if appropriate)?   I'd have thought they'd be more likely to have them than Vodafone, who have no reason to unlock 850mhz (assuming that's possible) as they don't use it.

JeromeL
Thanks for the feedback and support.

1. The US version is exactly the same. The phone is capable of using 850/900/1800/1900 for gsm per the manufacturer specs. The relevant radios are activated per relevant region.

2. I emailed ZTE yesterday. Waiting on their response. Fingers crossed.

Jerome

hrym

Let us know how you get on.   If you identified your phone as a Vodafone one, they might say they can't tell you.   In that case, the thing to do would be to wait a bit and then submit the request for the generic model (maybe even saying you want to unlock 800mhz - assuming that doesn't need a different code, of course).

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@JeromeL Please let us know what ZTE advise.

If there's anything we can help with once they've got back to you, please just let us know.

JeromeL
Hi Colleen.

No word at all from ZTE.

Do you have any advice?

Jerome