Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Screen Keyboard problem

Txantxangorri
3: Seeker

I have a problem with the sides of the screen. When I use the keyboard a 'Q' comes out as a 'W' and a 'P' as an 'O'. The same happens with 1/2 and 0/9 obviously.

I have also noticed there is a thin uniform shadow on the outer extremity of all four sides of the screen.

Is the problem fixable as the phone is otherwise excellent?

It is only 8 months old and has never been dropped or has had water on it.

15 REPLIES 15

pidgeonpost
Thanks 63johnw and Lee. Will have a read and also call into my local Vodafone shop to see what they say. :Smiling:

In the end AMAZON gave me a refund which was a shame because I really rated the phone apart from the screen problem.

The Vodaohone Smart Ultra 6 doesn't seem to be available anywhere either to buy now 😞

hrym
17: Community Champion

As far as I can see this is what you're looking for.

kamalthapa
2: Seeker

I got the same problem - keyboard a 'Q' comes out as a 'W' and a 'P' as an 'O'  not working. I tried to solve that problem in many ways. It seems to be the problem of LCD or digitizer. I tried with fleksy keyboard and that perfectly worked. Cheers!!

hrym

That sounds more like a software, or possibly resource, issue.   If there was a physical problem with part of the screen, I'd expect it to affect anything in that area.  Glad you've got a solution, though.

You can free up resources temporarily by closing apps running in background but, for a more permament fix, look at deleting apps or content you don't use, or moving it/them to an external sd card.   If the problem persists, it's possible you have a rogue app that's not releasing memory properly.

kamalthapa