cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 marshmallow issues.

herbshouse
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I seem to have issues with the recent upgrade of the Ultra 6 like many others here. I have done a reset of the phone, cleared the cache. Some of the issues I'm having may be down to lack of knowledge and hopefully someone can help.

1. l2tp vpn doesn't work for me, I read that this is an issue with marshmallow, does anyone else have this issue?

2. Since the update the sound through the speakers seems to halved, the peak level is very low, so it is very hard to hear the ringtone when someone calls. Sound boosting apps do not have any effect

3. Pushing down the volume to mute it the sound doesn't give the option to mute it for a period of time i.e 15 mins, 1hr etc.

4. Signal seems to be lost much more regularly than before.

5. Battery is drained alot faster, before i could go two days without charging, now its every day.

Any suggestions on how to overcome these issues would be most welcome.

Regards Herbs

5 REPLIES 5

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@herbshouse - I’m sorry to hear you’re having these problems since updating your phone.

Have you tried performing a factory reset? If not, please try this as the factory reset will often resolve issues after updates. You’ll need to back up anything you don’t want to lose (pictures, contacts etc) as this will restore the phone to factory condition.

Sorry i didn't get back sooner I had issues reseting my password. The phone seems to have settled down a bit the issue with the mute time was an issue with me and not knowing the location change for that feature. The other issues seemed to resolved themselves other then the vpn and battery issue which is still outstanding. The vpn issue is known google issue https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=196939. The battery issue I'll just have to live with it. After reading some of the issues other people are having with this phone and marshmallow, I think I got off lightly. Regards herbs

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @herbshouse,

One of my colleagues has experienced this issue and they solved it by completing the following steps:

• Go to your VPN settings.
  • Click advanced.
  • Enable backwards compatible mode.

You can also check your battery settings as Marshmallow introduced a few new features to try and extend the battery life on the phone. To do this, please go to:

• Settings.
  • Battery.
  • Battery Usage.
  • More (top right corner button).
  • Optimize battery usage.
  • Select All apps, choose your VPN app and turn off.

Let us know if that helps :smileyhappy:

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for the quick reply, I am using the default android vpn client which it seems other manufacturers have updated and fixed the issue.

I tried the battery option but unless I'm mistaken I don't have the option for backward compitable mode on my phone. I believe is the vpn server end? do you have more detailed instructions if it is on the phone end that needs changing as the advanced setting under vpn just enable dns and forwarding options.

Regards Herbs

ChazzD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@herbshouse

Have a look through out device help guides to see if you can find any further information on this. 

If not, please speak with our Live Chat team who'll be happy to help. :Smiling: