cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 not working with Talkmobile after unlocking.

sthornton92
2: Seeker

I've recently purchased a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 which I've unlocked. I'm using it on talkmobile. I'm having a few issues with the device.

1. When WiFi is turned on and connected I get full signal and no issues. When I turn it off I get a lower signal and an exclamation mark on the signal icon in the top bar (!). When i turn my mobile data on it does nothing. I've had to enter the settings manually as when talkmobile said they were sending them through they never arrived. This happened multiple times so they suggested i enter them manaully. I only seen to get calls and messages if my Wifi is enabled.

2. The Facebook Messenger app keeps giving me "Unfortunately, Messeger has stopped." notification every time I try to launch it. I've done a factory reset already and I've also cleared the Data and Cache. None of these have resolved the issue. 

I've confirmed its unlcoked using an O2 sim card that works fine. The problem is only with Talkmobile. 

Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@sthornton92

The problem here is you are a TalkMobile customer.  Although TalkMobile use the Vodafone network, they are a virtual operator with their own network settings.  Having WiFi turned on should not affect your calls and texts, its only for internet usage.

As you have mentioned, its not the phone, it works as it should do using an O2 SIM.

You are going to need to persist with your service provider or use a different phone.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

AnnS

@sthornton92

The problem here is you are a TalkMobile customer.  Although TalkMobile use the Vodafone network, they are a virtual operator with their own network settings.  Having WiFi turned on should not affect your calls and texts, its only for internet usage.

As you have mentioned, its not the phone, it works as it should do using an O2 SIM.

You are going to need to persist with your service provider or use a different phone.

The phone is unlocked. The carrier should not matter. I will request a new sim from Talk Mobile in the meantime but if this does not fix the issue how do I go about returning the device?

Data problem has been resolved!!!

Now I'm still stuck with the Faceboook Messenger app not working. Any ideas?

Many Thanks :Smiling:

Hi

A person has 14 Calendar Days from receipt  to return a phone. 

Perhaps try deleting the App and Re Download it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

UltraSmart6TM
Hi, I am in a similar position, would anyone be able to help?

I have recently purchased the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 but I'm on a TalkMobile contract. I've now received my TalkMobile nanosim and have inserted it into the slot but I am unable to get a connection. I have not activated it yet as I do not want to be without a phone over the weekend. I tried connecting to Vodafone but got a message saying that my sim is not compatable with this network. The connection on my other mobile is poor, could this be the problem? Also, how do I unlock/does my device need unlocking? I never received a message once I inserted the sim.

Thanks in advance!

AnnS

@UltraSmart6TM

Although TalkMobile are owned by Vodafone and use the Vodafone network, they are still a virtual operator.

This will mean the phone which you have purchased on PAYG with Vodafone will locked to Vodafone UK and before you are able to use any other alternative SIM in the phone, it will need to be unlocked.  

Before Vodafone will unlock the phone, it will need to be used on the Vodafone network as PAYG for 30 days with some chargeable activity.  You will then be able to complete the form in the nano rep link on the right of the thread and top up again with £20.00 to pay for the unlock.

You would probably be better off just purchasing a SIM free ready unlocked phone.

UltraSmart6TM
What if I put another sim in from say O2 and unlock it using a code from eBay?

GojuSuzi
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Any SIM other than a Vodafone one won't work until it's unlocked. Codes from eBay or anywhere other than the network provider are a gamble at best: they may work up until the next software update at which point it magically relocks, or it may fail altogether, and as it's not strictly speaking a legit product you're buying you have no real comeback in either case.

I think it might be a good idea to pay £19.99 to Vodafone for an unlocking code instead. That will be the safest way of doing so. Alternatively, one could rely on ebay for the unlocking code. Please remember that Keying the unlocking code will not be possible after ten unsuccessful attempts to unlock the phone using an unlocking code via ebay or else where. You would then have to use a cable to unlock the phone instead.