cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 not working with Talkmobile after unlocking.

sthornton92
2: Seeker

I've recently purchased a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 which I've unlocked. I'm using it on talkmobile. I'm having a few issues with the device.

1. When WiFi is turned on and connected I get full signal and no issues. When I turn it off I get a lower signal and an exclamation mark on the signal icon in the top bar (!). When i turn my mobile data on it does nothing. I've had to enter the settings manually as when talkmobile said they were sending them through they never arrived. This happened multiple times so they suggested i enter them manaully. I only seen to get calls and messages if my Wifi is enabled.

2. The Facebook Messenger app keeps giving me "Unfortunately, Messeger has stopped." notification every time I try to launch it. I've done a factory reset already and I've also cleared the Data and Cache. None of these have resolved the issue. 

I've confirmed its unlcoked using an O2 sim card that works fine. The problem is only with Talkmobile. 

Please help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@sthornton92

The problem here is you are a TalkMobile customer.  Although TalkMobile use the Vodafone network, they are a virtual operator with their own network settings.  Having WiFi turned on should not affect your calls and texts, its only for internet usage.

As you have mentioned, its not the phone, it works as it should do using an O2 SIM.

You are going to need to persist with your service provider or use a different phone.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

I managed to unlock my phone with an eBay code and have inserted the Talkmobile sim into the phone but I am unable to find the Talkmobile network, only Vodafone uk, EE, O2 - UK, EE and 3 UK. I've tried connecting to Vodafone but I get the 'Your sim card doesn't allow a connection to this network'. Using my old phone, I have been able 3G Talkmobile and 2G Talkmobile but no Vodafone. Could this be related to Access point names at all? Thanks for your responses so far, really appreciate it!

UltraSmart6TM:

Honestly, it does not really matter if it shows Vodafone on your network. This is because Talktalk Mobile may have a problem with their network ID. It happened once when I was using Giffgaff on my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic.  Before I have received a text message to update the mobile phone, it was showing O2. The APN also showed O2. With a system update via text message, Giffgaff was correctly displayed on my mobile phone but the APN remained O2.

You might find that your APN is connected to your old network provider or it is with Vodafone. 

Thanks both. 

I have managed to resolve this by talking to one of the Talkmobile web chat assistants who was able to sort out the problem :Smiling:

after all that reading, you could have least told us what the solution was.

I registered a new account to reply to this post.
please consider others in your situation when making these posts.

Resolved.

Because talktalk uses the vodafone network, this phone does not need to be unlocked.
You merely goto your talktalk account page and activate the sim after you receive it.
et voila

Honestly, the best way to rectify any isses is to ensure that you have the correct APN as mentioned in previous posting. This is the best solution that I have found as I have come across this issue when I was using Giffgaff as well as TalkMobile last year. It goes the same to Vectone Mobile also.

Legfan2
You won't find a Talkmobile network because they use the Vodafone network, also Talkmobile doesn't do 4g. My SU6 is unlocked using a £2.99 code from eBay and I use my 3sim and an EE sim in it with no problems.

Allianc3noka
1: Seeker
have been recently experiencing problems with network operator on my Vodafone smart ultra 6 so it won't let me call or send messages receive calls or messages because my network operator is not working it keeps saying "error while searching for networks" or "can't connect to network at this time please try again later" someone please help

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Allianc3noka Does this issue happen in a specific area? 

If you could also please confirm if thie issue happens when trying your SIM in another mobile phone.