Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 stuck in flight mode after trip to France

malverndavid
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Ive just returned to the Uk after a trip to France. The phone was working fine in France but when i returned to UK, i cant make calls or use mobile data as phone thinks its in Flight mode, even though in settings its turned off.  Wifi is working fine. When i try and make a call teh phone comes up with an error message saying 'To make a call first turn off flight mode'

I have taken out the sim and put it back in and restarted the phone a few times. Any ideas how i can get the phone working as normal again?

5 REPLIES 5

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi. As a last resort you could try a factory reset, if it's still the same it will need to go for repair.

many thanks for the advice. I have done as you said - ie a factory reset and its still the same issue. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@malverndavid So we can take a closer look at the phone, please visit your nearest store and we'll be happy to help with this. The advisers in store will also be able to arrange a repair if needed.

Thanks for the reply Natasha. I did go into the Worcester Vodafone store but they didnt really offer much by way of help. Because i bought it from Tesco Direct, they were not really interested.  I think Tesco Direct wont offer to help as its 16 months since i bought it. Im a little stuck!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies @malverndavid, as the phone wasn't provided by us directly, this is something that would need to be raised with the provider.

There is another method you can try when completing a factory reset. Please ensure you back up any data and passwords before completing this:

• Hold down the Power key for a few seconds to switch the phone off
  • Hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time for around 10 seconds
  • When the Android logo appears, press the Power button and this will allow the phone to enter Recovery Mode
  • Use the Volume Down button to navigate to 'wipe data/factory reset' and the Power button to confirm
  • Select 'Yes -- delete all user data using the Volume Down button to scroll and the Power button to select
  • Choose 'reboot system now' to begin the process