Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Start

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

Hi

I've just received 2 notifications one was galaxy apps about updates that I know are definitely for my phone's benefit.

As keeping apps updated is necessary so I dismissed it and I will go there myself for my own O.C.D security

But the second one was telling me to activate Vodafone start 

Now I'll be honest about this one.

The reason why i am weary of it a couple of months before my last contract run out it installed itself whilst I was using some ones Wi-Fi and it was of no benefit to me and it caused loads of issues I had no problems the previous 19 months without it 

And now when I pull down my menu from the top t will not go when I try to dismiss it (I presume it will if I press it)

But it gives me the option to either activate it or remind me later so every hour I'm getting  the same notification to activate it, 

But I don't want to activate it 

But it seems I'm going to have to at some point cause being constantly reminded to activate it is starting to stress me out.

is there a way I can avoid this as I lost trust from the last time

and also after months of phone calls and having to embarrass myself on this forum I have nearly got all my problems from the failure of the nougat update sorted 

Activating something I don't need is not something I want to do.

As any one else received this notification asking to activate it or could it be a scam.

as it's already in my apps 

Next time it pops up I'll take a screen shot and post it back here 

I'm kicking myself not doing it the first time

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi. I had the same, I opened the start app then went to settings, turned off the auto update option and the notification options too.

Just to add I have also went into my settings menu, apps, scrolled to start app (there were 2) force stopped one and disabled the other.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

63johnw

Hi. I had the same, I opened the start app then went to settings, turned off the auto update option and the notification options too.

Just to add I have also went into my settings menu, apps, scrolled to start app (there were 2) force stopped one and disabled the other.