Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Ultra 6 warranty Pay as you go

Do228
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sorry to re visit this problem again

I have today taken my Vodafone Ultra six in for repair as it has issues with the touch screen. 

I showed the assistant in the shop the warranty information on the web site. He reluctantly accepted what the web site said and booked the phone in for repair. When I was given the Vodafone repair booking record it had CHARGEABLE written across it but he told me this was nothing to worry about. On getting home closer inspection revealed that the job was Out of Warranty repairable with a charge of £66.

I previously took my son's phone for repair when it was over one year old and it said on the repair sheet Job type, In warranty charge, £0.00.

Obviously I am rather concerned that when I go to collect the phone they will want me to pay £66.

How can I get in touch with some one from the UK who can confirmfirm that this product comes with a two-year warranty and ensure that I can just go to the store and collect my phone free of charge when it is repaired?

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-bill-and-top-up/Lost-stolen-and-damaged/Warranty-and-insuranc...

Thanks for any help any one can give me.

19 REPLIES 19

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

The can be problems getting spares as they're not routinely carried.   I've seen reports of people losing SIM trays (how???) and not being able to replace them.

Normally, if there's minor damage that clearly isn't relevant to the issue in question, we recommend going direct to the manufacturer, who will frequently take a pragmatic view and do warranty work.   They do, though, preclude 3rd party repairers, of which Vodafone is one, from doing this.  In the case of Vodafone devices they are, of course, effectively the manufacturer (though the devices are made elsewhere and badged), so you'd think they could adopt this role, but don't.

As phones get thinner, sim and sd card trays get more fragile and need to be treated with ever greater care.   As they're usually the only user-removable part and quite easily damaged, it couldn't hurt to have a small stock of spares.   Glad you've found a resolution, though.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Do228

Thanks for getting back to us and updating the thread. 

I'm pleased to hear this has been resolved. However I'd like to offer our apologies for the confusion and poor experience you had. 

You can see confirmation that our Pay as you go phones have a 24 month warranty, on our warranty information page. 

Thanks, 

Amanda 

If only the shop staff would take the time to read that link!

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Do228

Which store was it that booked it in for you, Hanley or Derby?

Then we can feed this back for you. 

Thanks, 

Hanley, I have previously had trouble with them accepting the two year warranty on a previouse occasion.

I had also visited the Stafford shop on this occasion and the woman who I spoke to there was very rude, she was quite insistent that the warranty was only one year telling me how she had worked for Vodafone for ten years and the warranty had always been only one year.

I had to walk out of that shop before I lost my temper.

I work for an airline in the holiday market. We are dedicated to trying to gain 100% customer satisfaction and everyone throughout the company from pilots, like myself, and other front line staff to office workers who would never come across customers have regular courses to ensure we do everything we can to give our customers the very best experience possible.

Vodafone could perhaps consider how they could improve customer contact especially from shop floor and customer telephone help lines.

I would add that the Twitter help team and this forum have provided some of the best interaction with Vodafone.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Do228 Thank you for feeding this back to us. 

We've contacted the Hanley store to ensure all members of staff are giving out the correct information to our customers. 

We appreciate your honest feedback and will put it towards improving our services and customer experience.

Enjoy the rest of your day! 

It would be really good if you could also have a chat with the lady in the Stafford shop and remind her of the length of warrantys, she was quite rude and demonstrated no customer relation skills what so ever.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Do228 That's a shame to hear. 

Were you able to catch the adviser's name? This will help us feed back to the correct member of staff. 

Nicola, who is happy to preach about your company's policy on booking in items for repair but should perhaps do a little home work on the policy regarding the length of Warranty on phones!

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Do228

Thank you for this. We've fed this back to the store directly, so that any training issues can be addressed.