Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Ultra Smart 6 Authentication Error

bolo
12: Established

I raised the following thread and didn't get any replies presumably because it was in the wrong forum. Let's hope that it's in the right place now.

Every time I boot up I get a notification on the screen thus: "Authentication Error". When I click on it I'm taken to a form/email with my email address at the top with the following below that.
Name...........
Signature............
Quick Responses
Out of Office
Data usage (link)
Sync frequency
Notification settings
Server settings (link)
+ others
I have absolutely no idea where this is coming from. Could it be Vodafone, Google or even Outlook? Can you help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @bolo

It's just a suggestion to save you having to go through the process of factory resetting.

If you are receiving an authentication message, try deleting your Google Account from your phone and readding.   Try the same with your WiFi by deleting the WiFi network and setting up again.

You may well end up with having to factory reset which can be time consuming but at least you will be able to say you tried everything first.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

bolo

Attached is part of the info.

BandOfBrothers

Hey @bolo

Hope you are well. 

In my experience one of the good Troubleshooting tips is to clear the caches in your phones system.

This wouldn't delete any of your information as this isn't a factory reset type of operation. 

Another is to login into your different options such as google , PlayStore etc. 

A process of elimination. 

I assume your Os is up to date. 

The final last last resort being a Factory Reset. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the quick reply? Had a look in Settings but can't see a 'clear cache' there.

BandOfBrothers

This is from a forum I also frequent. 

It maybe slightly different for you as i use a Samsung s7 edge. 

"Step #1 Turn your phone OFF.

Step #2 Boot into Recovery Mode:- Press and hold, simultaneously, the Volume UP + Power + Home buttons until you see some small, blue, writing appear in the top left hand corner of the screen and release immediately.

Step #3 You will then see the small, stock, Recovery menu. Using the Volume UP and DOWN buttons, navigate to the menu item "Wipe cache partition".

Step #4 Once the option is highlighted you can use the Power key to enact the wipe and reboot your phone."

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

bolo
Managed No. 1 and then got lost! I'm just useless. Will give s thought to factory settings. Meanwhile, thanks yet again for your help.

AnnS

Hi @bolo

It's just a suggestion to save you having to go through the process of factory resetting.

If you are receiving an authentication message, try deleting your Google Account from your phone and readding.   Try the same with your WiFi by deleting the WiFi network and setting up again.

You may well end up with having to factory reset which can be time consuming but at least you will be able to say you tried everything first.

bolo

Hi again @AnnS. Am happy to try what you suggest. At the bottom of the offending message, I am given the option of deleting the account. Should I just go ahead and do that? I'll do nothing until I get your reply.

AnnS

Hi @bolo

It won't do any harm, the account is simple enough to readd by going back into accounts and add account.

If you did a factory reset, you could well end up having to readd the account.

I really hope it works.

bolo
Would you believe it Ann? The notification always appears when I boot up my phone ie until I go do carry out your advice. It didn't appear this time! But don't worry, I'll catch it when it's not looking : )