cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Wallet and Android Pay on same smartphone which payment system is the default?

Del80
4: Newbie

Hi, I hope this is the best place to post this question.

I have a smartphone (HTC M9) with both Android Pay and Vodafone Wallet installed. If both are set up and ready to use and I go to pay for an item, which system makes the payment? Is it possible to select a default app for contactless payments on an Android smartphone?

I noticed that Vodafone Wallet seems to have more settings than Android Pay and there is the option of setting up on PIN which you will need to use before anything is purchased. With Android Pay is there any way of setting up a PIN and avoiding accidental purchases?

Thanks for any help here!

Derry Thorburn

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Del80

I use Android Pay on my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge on Nougat. 

It does allow me to choose a Default Card to use in Android Pay. 

If I remember right you open Android Pay and hold down on the card picture and some settings pop up. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Hi. On my HTC M9 I go to settings, more, NFC, tap and pay, then select which method to use. This is still on lolliop but should be similar on other firmware.

63johnw

Hi @Del80 more information on setting up android pay here

https://support.google.com/androidpay/answer/6224811?hl=en-GB

Thanks for your help with this. I have found the settings now! I have just upgraded to Android 7 and under NFC there are some Tap & pay options. There is a 'Payment default' option and also another option to use the default options 'except when another payment app is open'.

hrym

Assuming you need both, it might be safest to put Vodafone Wallet into manual payment mode, then it can't operate unless you tell it to.   Android Pay seems to have fewer options.