Solution

Vodafone Warranty Repair Con

hopewea
4: Newbie
10 REPLIES 10

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, not what you want to hear but any cosmetic damage means vodafone wont repair a phone under warranty, they are apparantly told this by the manufacturers.

I would get your phone back and send it to LG, without mentionng vodafone and see what they say, they have much more leway when it comes to repairs.

63johnw
I hear what you are saying and don't disagree but it's up to you if you want to try and fight this with them or get your phone fixed ASAP? The advice above has been given many times with a much higher success rate than arguing with Vodafone, it's your decision at the end of the day.

Thanks, do you not work for Vodafone then?

I have asked for my phone to be returned to me. Will follow your suggestion then.

63johnw
No, the forum is now primarily customer to customer support, it's monitored by Vodafone and they still help with some technical problems, Vodafone employees have the logo as part of their name/picture.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

jeffkinn

Your contract with Vodafone doesn't cover the phone - it's for airtime only. Thus any problem with the handset doesn't give you a right to cancel the contract.

Your rights are protected under The Consumer Rights Act which replaced The Sale of Goods Act.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member

Send the phone to LG directly. 

DO NOT mention vodafone have claimed it's out of warranty 

LG obviously have more grunt than Vodafone's repair centres. (in most cases it's the same site but under a different service contract)

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

hooker1uk

Also, to higjlinght the SOGA vs Phones

It's different. sadly as many phones are considered as gifts/incentives to sign up.

However some networks now offer a two tiered contract/credit agreement to pay for both the phone and the line rental. I know o2 have this but I'm unsure if it works the same or differently. 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK.