Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone app

Rocketmoon
3: Seeker
Vodafone app used to work well on my android LG G4 but then my sim was accidentally cancelled when I signed two members of my family up to red +. I was issued a new sim and since then the app doesnt work ... "technical difficulties" apparently. I've deleted and reinstalled etc but no luck. I'm guessing the newly downloaded app is making contact with old info stored somewhere... Cloud backup or on the phone. I've cleared the data on the settings... Any other ideas?
18 REPLIES 18

hrym
17: Community Champion

At this stage, hang on for the forum team.   They may be able to get this escalated for you.   In theory, the frontline CS people should be able to, but they usually try to fix it themselves (I suspect they've probably been told not to escalate things willy nilly), even if what they do has failed previously.

Retired-Sarah_A
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Rocketmoon

Are you trying this over Wifi or Mobile Data? 

Thanks,

Sarah

hrym

To clarify (if you didn't know already).   You need to use mobile data to set the app up in the first place, and it should prompt you to turn off wifi if you're on that.   Once it's set up, you can use wifi or mobile data to check the app.

Hi Sarah_A,

Always mobile data.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi @Rocketmoon

I will DM you with further information. 

Thanks,

Sarah 

Hi, any update Sarah? 

Having my wife and daughter on my red + package is killing my allowance and I really need the app to work to keep an eye on it!

Hope you can help

Cheers

hrym

Obviously app access would be desirable, but is there another way (ie through your online account) of re-allocating user allowances?   Alternatively, do you simply need to increase your total allowance to accomodate all of you?

Rocketmoon
Apparently I need to call to re-allocate the allowances. I just need to be able to keep an eye on it and logging on is a pain.
Cheers

hrym

Yes.  In the meantime, have a look at My Data Manager, which works in real time and can, I think, handle shared plans.   You may need to install it on all the devices (I assume you would as it doesn't access the account) and synchronise it with current use until the next rollover.   It can also analyse data use by app, which can be handy for heavy use troubleshooting.   It also monitors calls and texts, but its weakness is not being able to differentiate between incoming and outgoing.