Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone app

Rocketmoon
3: Seeker
Vodafone app used to work well on my android LG G4 but then my sim was accidentally cancelled when I signed two members of my family up to red +. I was issued a new sim and since then the app doesnt work ... "technical difficulties" apparently. I've deleted and reinstalled etc but no luck. I'm guessing the newly downloaded app is making contact with old info stored somewhere... Cloud backup or on the phone. I've cleared the data on the settings... Any other ideas?
18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If this was my phone I'd first clear clear the apps cache etc to see if that helped and if not create a back up and factory reset. 

Then don't use the back up. 

Set up as a new phone. 

Download the my Vodafone app from the playstore and see if that works. 

If so the info in the back up has the corrupt information in. 

If not then it's at Vodafones end possibly. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Rocketmoon
Thanks for the quick response Lee. I've cleared the cache previously to no effect. Factory resetting would involve a lot of effort getting the phone back to how I like it for the sake of one app. Any idea how to delete my vodafone backup?

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

As far as I'm aware the app data is in the back up. 

To use the back up would mean using the whole back up file. 

Can you try another phone with your sim in and download the myvodafone app onto that and try or pop into your Vodafone store where they may have a phone to text your sim in. 

Current Phone  >

Rocketmoon
I'll try that on a spare phone. Cheers

BandOfBrothers

No worries. 

As a process of elimination at least you'll know if it's the phone and the app data it holds is at issue or if it's at Vodafones end. 

If its at Vodafones end then if this was me I'd speak with customer service and if the frontline agent cannot resolve ask for 2nd trier support to look at it for you. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @Rocketmoon

I just wanted to mention that the My Vodafone Application works by remembering the IMEI number of the phone.  If you download the application to an alternartive phone, it could well complicate things further.

Changing the SIM card shouldn't have affected connecting to the My Vodafone Application, it more than likely due to the tariff change and adding two family members to your contract.

If the factory reset does not solve the problem, it might be worth contacting Vodafone.  I always think live chat works well, they will be able to help with the application issue.  You will also be able to keep a copy of the transcript for your records.

Rocketmoon
Thanks AnnS, I'm afraid I've already struggled with the live chat. It needs to be somebody less "jack of all trades" - all you get is "delete and re-install".

hrym

Delete and reinstall should fix it.   I think what Lee is suggesting applies to the iPhone implementation, where clearing app data is more complicated.   On an Android device, you should be able to go into Settings|Apps and clear the data and cache - though uninstalling should also do this.   You then set up from scratch.  If it still doesn't work, imho, the problem isn't at your (phone) end.

The other possibility is that the app hasn't caught up with your upgrade yet and will settle down after your next bill.

I don't think a factory reset should be necessary to solve this and I'd save it very much as a last resort.

Rocketmoon
Thanks, it's been about three months since things went wrong so a number of bills since. I think i need vodafone tech team to look into it. Any ideas how to get past tgeir first tier of call answerers!