Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone business customer can not pre order note 7... For no reason

Jacko20jj
7: Helper

So today I called up to pre order the galaxy note 7 as it's available online to order... Only to be told I can not do this until the 19th over the phone. My question is why can all new customers order over the phone yet an existing customers of ten years have to wait 3 days so I will receive my phone after all them? I was told I can upgarde online but this is not the case as all business customers can not upgarde online at all. Very frustrated with Vodafone yet again 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't see it as an insult, just someone saying your advice or help is worthless, or isn't helping. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and mine is similar to the OPs. 

Why a previous customer should be forced to wait longer to get something that a new customer can get before them, totally baffles me. You'll note I didn't make any reference to mobile phones, Vodafone, the business plans or making deals over-the-phone. 

I am sure most people aren't too bothered by the fact they'll wait two or three days longer for this type of product (as it's not exactly limited edition or anything), but the principle of the matter - which means a lot to me and perhaps the OP - doesn't change: this is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated.

We're nearing in on 2017, so with technology the way it is around the globe and how fast things advance, it can't be a technical issue preventing business customers upgrading online. So what is the reason? 

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

This sort of thing isn't uncommon in the mobile phone and other industries.  Often a product will be available online first and then open up to the call centres a few days later.  As far as it being available to new customers over the phone, I wasn't aware that was the case.  At the end of the day, the main thing is that you get the handset that you want. Surely a wait of a few extra days would be worth it for such a sexy looking phone? :smileywink:

PWIAC

Jacko20jj
To be honest I'd rather just have the same opertunity to order it at the same time as every one else

drey_p

@Jacko20jj wrote:
To be honest I'd rather just have the same opertunity to order it at the same time as every one else

As you cannot order it online, it means you will have to wait until the 19th and order over the phone. Either way, you'll get the phone.  If it is so important to you to get the phone as soon as it launches you may wish to purchase the phone directly from Samsung themselves.

Do bear in mind, regardless of when you order, new phone launches can often be quite problematic.  Personally, I wait for the dust to settle and then order my handset. 

PWIAC

Jacko20jj
I'm aware when i can order it. This wasn't my point. I can see how u mange to get such a high forum ranking posting unhelpful useless comments on peoples posts. I am due an upgrade if I wanted to buy it out right I would so thanks for all your help lol

drey_p

@Jacko20jj wrote:
I'm aware when i can order it. This wasn't my point. I can see how u mange to get such a high forum ranking posting unhelpful useless comments on peoples posts. I am due an upgrade if I wanted to buy it out right I would so thanks for all your help lol

There is no need to speak to anyone like that - personal insults aren't tolerated on this forum.

The information I provided was helpful to your situation, even if you can't see it. I fully understand your point of not being able to order it but, the bottom line is if you can't you have to wait. If you want the phone urgently, there is the option of buying it SIM free which is why I was suggesting it. Also, you are more likely to get the handset on the day it is launched by ordering directly which is why I suggested it. 

PWIAC

Hello

The Samsung Note 7 is only available for pre-order over the phone after the 16th. 

Please keep in mind that our Community Guidelines remind all forum users to ensure their comments are kind and respectful to other users. 

Thank you 

Louise

I don't see it as an insult, just someone saying your advice or help is worthless, or isn't helping. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and mine is similar to the OPs. 

Why a previous customer should be forced to wait longer to get something that a new customer can get before them, totally baffles me. You'll note I didn't make any reference to mobile phones, Vodafone, the business plans or making deals over-the-phone. 

I am sure most people aren't too bothered by the fact they'll wait two or three days longer for this type of product (as it's not exactly limited edition or anything), but the principle of the matter - which means a lot to me and perhaps the OP - doesn't change: this is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated.

We're nearing in on 2017, so with technology the way it is around the globe and how fast things advance, it can't be a technical issue preventing business customers upgrading online. So what is the reason? 

Jacko20jj
Hi Gaffa,

This was exactly my point. Thanks for showing me I'm not going mad. And yes as you state I wasn't insulting anyone I was simply stating the obvious that someone commenting like I'm stupid and providing no information at all other than to buy my phone from Samsung is not helpful. As someone with 5 lines and 200 Pounds a month bill should I not be aloud to order new phones the same as everyone else? Not only that I'm not even a business I never asked for a business plan I was put on one for no reason I know.

Hello @Jacko20jj

Have you informed our team that you do not wish to be on business plan?

If so, what have we advised?

Louise